We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Seemingly random exception in a GDBG

I am having a seemingly random exception being thrown by a GridDataBoundGrid (v2.1.09). Essentially, I have a DataTable containing records from a database bound to the grid. The user is able to select a record, click a delete button, and the record is removed from the database and a new DataTable (refreshed from the database) is bound to the grid. The problem is that frequently, after deleting one or several records in sequence, the form containing the grid becomes unresponsive. Sometimes the grid will turn white with a red "X" through it, and sometimes the JIT Debugger will catch an exception (there are TWO possible exceptions that may be thrown, see attached .txt file). When the JIT debugger catches and exception the stacktrace is limited to Syncfusion and .Net Framework assemblies. To this point, I have been unable to catch an exception in the development environment, which is making it difficult to narrow down the cause. An exception would seemingly reproduceable only in the production environment. Can anyone tell me, by looking at the stacktraces, what scenarios might lead to either of these exceptions? Any help is really appreciated! TIA Dave

JITDebuggerExceptions.zip.zip

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 05:44 PM UTC

Are you using multiple threads? If so, you should upgrade to later versions on the grid. In version 2, the grid source was not doing InVokeRequired checks to make sure that IBindingList changed events were being handled on the grid''s thread.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 06:51 PM UTC

Thanks Clay! It was a threading issue. I have been able to work around the problem. Thanks for putting me on the right track. Dave >Are you using multiple threads? > >If so, you should upgrade to later versions on the grid. In version 2, the grid source was not doing InVokeRequired checks to make sure that IBindingList changed events were being handled on the grid''s thread.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon