We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Not Able to Detect a Valid licx File with an Entry for SyncFusion Controls

Greetings all, I recently installed v4.1 of Essential Studio, and I just tried to run a form in VS 2005 showing Essential Grid, but I keep getting the same error. Before it displays the grid, I get a messagebox that reads: Syncfusion Licensing Runtime was not able to detect a valid licx file with an entry for Syncfusion controls in this project. Select ''Fix It'' to let the runtime correct this error automatically. When I click Fix It, it says the Licensing Changes were made successfully, but I''ll get the exact same error when I restart my application. The verbiage on the form says to close VS.NET and remove the OBJ and BIN folders if these problems persist. I''ve done that, and I still get the same Not Able to Detect a Valid licx File messagebox. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks, Cody Powell

8 Replies

CP Cody Powell December 13, 2005 09:44 PM UTC

In case you need any more information, I hit View on the messagebox, which brings up a Detailed Diagnostics screen. Here''s what it says: Syncfusion Licensing System - Detailed diagnostics. UsageMode = Runtime IsAspDotNet = False RuntimeLicenseKey = No runtime license key found in licx. ExecutingVersionInfo = Syncfusion.Core.Licensing.FusionLicenseProvider, Syncfusion.Core, Version=4.1.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=632609b4d040f6b4 ErrorMessage = No Assemblies with licenses.licx resource found. No Syncfusion.Core entries found in licenses.licx files. Thanks again, Cody

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 10:07 PM UTC

Try this. If Syncfusion is the only entry in the licx file, then remove the licx file by right clicking it in the Solution Explorer window. If there are other entries in the file, then edit it and remove the syncfusion enrty. Then build and run the application, fixing the licx file when you get the prompt. Make sure you reload the project when prompted. Then immediately do a RebuildAll.

CP Cody Powell December 14, 2005 03:55 PM UTC

Actually, I don''t even see an .licx file in the project. I''m dragging the GridControl onto the form just like I would''ve with the previous version, it just doesn''t seem to be creating the .licx file. Any ideas? Thanks, Cody

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 04:25 PM UTC

Make sure you click the Show All Files button at the top of the Solution Explorer window in VS.

CP Cody Powell December 14, 2005 06:17 PM UTC

Nope, still not there. I even did a file search in my development directory for *.licx and it doesn''t find anything. Cody

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 06:18 PM UTC

Is the directory or project file or solution file readonly?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 14, 2005 07:17 PM UTC

Another thing to check. Look at the syncfusion references in the solution explorer window. If they are set to local copy true, then go to the bin folder and delete the syncfusion dll''s before trying to build the solution. Also, check the GAC (Windows\assembly folder) to make sure the only syncfusion dll''s there are the new version dll''s.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 15, 2005 04:44 PM UTC

It turned out that the project was readonly. Once I changed that, it worked fine. THanks for your help. Cody

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon