We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

expression field bug?

I may have found a bug in the expression field match operator (or perhaps I''m just don''t understand how it should work). When I create a new expression field to find all columns that contain a particular string, it only works if the string I''m using to search doesn''t start from the beginning of the string I''m searching for. e.g. [CompanyName] match ''Sync'' - doesn''t find it [CompanyName] match ''fusion'' - does find it. It looks like it''s skips the first character when doing the search. Heath

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 01:25 AM UTC

It looks like a capitalization problem. The behavior that I see is that if the values in the column start with an uppercase, then then Match operator fails to find it no matter whether the match string starts upper or lower case. I was able to find any occurrence of a string by using the LIKE operator with the asterick wildcard around the string (instead of the match operator). Will this work for you? [Col1] like ''*Syncfu*''

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 13, 2005 05:27 AM UTC

Yes, using LIKE should work for me. thanks, >It looks like a capitalization problem. The behavior that I see is that if the values in the column start with an uppercase, then then Match operator fails to find it no matter whether the match string starts upper or lower case. > >I was able to find any occurrence of a string by using the LIKE operator with the asterick wildcard around the string (instead of the match operator). Will this work for you? > >[Col1] like ''*Syncfu*'' >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon