We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Arrow keys movement

hi, I have five cols say A,B,C,D and E.When I move from one column to another column using right arrow key, after reaching D it always takes me to B.If I change teh position of B as A,C,D,E and B and move to D using right arrow key, then press right arrow key again, it takes me to B, skipping E.E is enabled.Infact, no matter how many cols I add, if B and D are present in that group, presssing right arrow key on D takes me always to B.Any clues of this weird problem? regards, catinat

11 Replies

ST stanleyj Syncfusion Team December 9, 2005 07:13 AM UTC

Hi Catinat, The right arrow key moves the currentcell focus till the end of the column by default. Are you mentioning GridControl and do you see this in all your samples? Can you upload a sample? Best regards, Stanley

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 9, 2005 08:42 AM UTC

hi, It doesnt happen to all grids. I am using a grid grouping control. Its just that certain cols when added to the grid show this behaviour.We have 200 odd columns, but not all of them have this issue.When we use a combination of certain columns, the order get changed, say whenever B & D are there, after B always D comes.If they are seperate, then no issues. >Hi Catinat, > >The right arrow key moves the currentcell focus till the end of the column by default. >Are you mentioning GridControl and do you see this in all your samples? Can you upload a sample? > >Best regards, >Stanley

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 9, 2005 09:13 AM UTC

It skips my primary key column also. I may not be able to replicate this in a small application.So sorry for not being able to give a sample appln. >hi, >It doesnt happen to all grids. >I am using a grid grouping control. >Its just that certain cols when added to the grid show this behaviour.We have 200 odd columns, but not all of them have this issue.When we use a combination of certain columns, the order get changed, say whenever B & D are there, after B always D comes.If they are seperate, then no issues. > >>Hi Catinat, >> >>The right arrow key moves the currentcell focus till the end of the column by default. >>Are you mentioning GridControl and do you see this in all your samples? Can you upload a sample? >> >>Best regards, >>Stanley

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 9, 2005 01:18 PM UTC

HI, Theres another problem also. There are a bunch of columns which have DBNull.Value in the background table.When I move around using right arrow key, these columns always come last irrespective of their positions. For example, if the set of cols are A,B,C,D,E and B and E are null then if I move using right arrow, then its accessed as, A,C,D,B,E B and E always come last irrespective of the number of columns. regards, catinat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 9, 2005 02:27 PM UTC

Here are some things to check: Are there any exceptions showing up in the output window? Exceptions might be preventing the grid from moving to another cell. Do you have the column style.Enabled = false on these columns? If so, this will prevent them from becoming. Are you handling any events like TableControlQueryNextCurrentCellPosition or tableControlCurrentCellmoving that might affect this? Are you doing any cell validation like using TableControlCurrentCellValidating where you might be preventing the grid from changing columns?

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 9, 2005 02:35 PM UTC

hi, I found that the right arrow key doesnt use the order in which columns appear on the grid, but the order in which columns appear on the background table.Can you confirm this? When I changed the order, certain columns worked fine. regards, catinat >Here are some things to check: > >Are there any exceptions showing up in the output window? Exceptions might be preventing the grid from moving to another cell. > >Do you have the column style.Enabled = false on these columns? If so, this will prevent them from becoming. > >Are you handling any events like TableControlQueryNextCurrentCellPosition or tableControlCurrentCellmoving that might affect this? > >Are you doing any cell validation like using TableControlCurrentCellValidating where you might be preventing the grid from changing columns? >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 9, 2005 02:53 PM UTC

What grid are you using? GridControl, GridDataBoundGrid or GridGroupingControl. The arrows keys should always work on the columns displayed in the grid, and should not be using the order from some other place. We do not know of a problem of this nature, but if you tell what kind of grid you are using, I can try it.

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 9, 2005 02:57 PM UTC

hi, I am using a grid grouping control. regards, catinat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 9, 2005 03:33 PM UTC

No, the arrows keys should work in the order in which you see teh columns in the grid, irrespective of the order in your datasource. Here is a little sample shoingthis working properly. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_ColumnsMoving_810b9a3d.zip

CV Catinat Velmourougan December 16, 2005 08:51 AM UTC

hi, There are certain columns which we explicilty set the value to DBNull.Value.The right arrow key goes to these columns in a circle.It goes around the other set of columns in a circle. Any guesses why is it happening? Also, when the arrow is in the rightmost column and I press the right arrow key, it goes to the first colum.How to prevent this? regards, catinat

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team December 16, 2005 10:26 AM UTC

Check the output window for exceptions. These can caused abnormal cell navigation. If you can upload a sample project showing the problem, we can try to debug it.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon