We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

How to invoke child windows's control event just like click event ot button

hi to all i have add one tool bar in my mdi menu ... which contains add delete query ..etc all buttons but on click any of them it should triger the cmdadd_click of active child windows. thanx pawan

2 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 8, 2003 06:59 PM UTC

THis cannot be setup in the designer. You will have to listen to the Click in a event in the mdi main form in which you should get the ActiveMdiClient, cast it to your type and then call another method in that type. -Praveen

PJ pawan jain April 9, 2003 04:42 AM UTC

> THis cannot be setup in the designer. You will have to listen to the Click in a event in the mdi main form in which you should get the ActiveMdiClient, cast it to your type and then call another method in that type. > > -Praveen thanx 4 ur answer ...... but .... when i used below codes --- Dim i As Integer Dim p As Button MsgBox(ActiveMdiChild.Controls.Count) For i = 0 To ActiveMdiChild.Controls.Count - 1 MsgBox(ActiveMdiChild.Controls(i).Name) If ActiveMdiChild.Controls(i).Name = "CmdAdd" Then p = ActiveForm.Controls(i) // Error ? p.PerformClick() Exit For End If Next i got error at the time of casting ... how can i remove this error ... error is ---> Specified cast is not valid .... error at [ p = ActiveForm.Controls(i) ]

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon