We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.

GridGroupingControl - Top GroupCaptionCell removal and count capturing

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

37547 Nov 24,2005 06:55 AM Nov 24,2005 01:12 PM Windows Forms 4
Tags: GridControl
Badri Rajani Kanth
Asked On November 24, 2005 06:55 AM

Hi, I have a GGC. When I run the application, I see at the top some thing like "MyTable: 20 items". This is the first GroupCaptionCell(rowIndex=1). Now I have to keep the grouping possible, still remove/set height=0 ONLY for this row. Also I have to display the count(20) in some other place. I mean I have to capture the text every time the grid gets refreshed. In the _QueryCellStyleInfo event, I am able to get the text of this cell "MyTable: 20 items" and then do string operations and get "20". This works fine now. But tomorrow if Synchfusion changes this text format to some thing else like "MyTable:20 selected items", then my string operations fail and I get error. So, can I have any property where I can get the count directly? Also how to remove this row/set height of row = 0; Rgds Rajani Kanth

Badri Rajani Kanth
Replied On November 24, 2005 07:13 AM

I have got "{RecordCount}" which is giving the count. Is that ok? >Hi, > >I have a GGC. When I run the application, I see at the top some thing like "MyTable: 20 items". This is the first GroupCaptionCell(rowIndex=1). > >Now I have to keep the grouping possible, still remove/set height=0 ONLY for this row. Also I have to display the count(20) in some other place. I mean I have to capture the text every time the grid gets refreshed. > >In the _QueryCellStyleInfo event, I am able to get the text of this cell "MyTable: 20 items" and then do string operations and get "20". This works fine now. > >But tomorrow if Synchfusion changes this text format to some thing else like "MyTable:20 selected items", then my string operations fail and I get error. So, can I have any property where I can get the count directly? > >Also how to remove this row/set height of row = 0; > >Rgds >Rajani Kanth

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 24, 2005 10:19 AM

If you want the record count in a Table, then you can use grid.Table.Records.Count to see the count of all records. If the Table has been filtered, you can use grid.Table.Filteredrecords.Count to see a count of teh visible records.

Badri Rajani Kanth
Replied On November 24, 2005 12:41 PM

Thank you. But how can I set top row which display row count as invisible/set height = 0. Cause as I am displaying the row count some where else, i dont need to have this row. Rgds Rajani Kanth

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On November 24, 2005 01:12 PM

If you do not want to see the caption row, try setting this property: this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false;

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.

;