We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl - Top GroupCaptionCell removal and count capturing

Hi, I have a GGC. When I run the application, I see at the top some thing like "MyTable: 20 items". This is the first GroupCaptionCell(rowIndex=1). Now I have to keep the grouping possible, still remove/set height=0 ONLY for this row. Also I have to display the count(20) in some other place. I mean I have to capture the text every time the grid gets refreshed. In the _QueryCellStyleInfo event, I am able to get the text of this cell "MyTable: 20 items" and then do string operations and get "20". This works fine now. But tomorrow if Synchfusion changes this text format to some thing else like "MyTable:20 selected items", then my string operations fail and I get error. So, can I have any property where I can get the count directly? Also how to remove this row/set height of row = 0; Rgds Rajani Kanth

4 Replies

BR Badri Rajani Kanth November 24, 2005 12:13 PM UTC

I have got "{RecordCount}" which is giving the count. Is that ok? >Hi, > >I have a GGC. When I run the application, I see at the top some thing like "MyTable: 20 items". This is the first GroupCaptionCell(rowIndex=1). > >Now I have to keep the grouping possible, still remove/set height=0 ONLY for this row. Also I have to display the count(20) in some other place. I mean I have to capture the text every time the grid gets refreshed. > >In the _QueryCellStyleInfo event, I am able to get the text of this cell "MyTable: 20 items" and then do string operations and get "20". This works fine now. > >But tomorrow if Synchfusion changes this text format to some thing else like "MyTable:20 selected items", then my string operations fail and I get error. So, can I have any property where I can get the count directly? > >Also how to remove this row/set height of row = 0; > >Rgds >Rajani Kanth

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 03:19 PM UTC

If you want the record count in a Table, then you can use grid.Table.Records.Count to see the count of all records. If the Table has been filtered, you can use grid.Table.Filteredrecords.Count to see a count of teh visible records.

BR Badri Rajani Kanth November 24, 2005 05:41 PM UTC

Thank you. But how can I set top row which display row count as invisible/set height = 0. Cause as I am displaying the row count some where else, i dont need to have this row. Rgds Rajani Kanth

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

If you do not want to see the caption row, try setting this property: this.gridGroupingControl1.TopLevelGroupOptions.ShowCaption = false;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon