We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridGroupingControl with a multi-select DropDownGrid

Hello, I am using a GridGroupingControl. I would like to have the cells in 1 of the columns do the following: 1. Show a dropdown grid when clicked 2. Allow multiple records to be selected on the dropdown grid 3. When the dropdown grid closes, I would like to display the selected values as a comma separated list (e.g. "Item1, Item2, Item3") 4. The next time the dropdown grid opens for the same row again, I would like it to preselect the items that were previously selected. What is my best approach to take to code this up? None of the samples I have found are quite what I am looking for.

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 08:20 PM UTC

The \Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropDownFormAndUserControlSample shows how to move delimited text into and out of a checkedlistbox as a custom celltype. The \Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\CustomCellTypes sample shows how to use custom celltypes in a GridGroupingControl. So, you might be able to get what you want from these two samples.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 21, 2005 09:01 PM UTC

Take a look at the productratings sample. >Hello, > >I am using a GridGroupingControl. I would like to have the cells in 1 of the columns do the following: > >1. Show a dropdown grid when clicked >2. Allow multiple records to be selected on the dropdown grid >3. When the dropdown grid closes, I would like to display the selected values as a comma separated list (e.g. "Item1, Item2, Item3") >4. The next time the dropdown grid opens for the same row again, I would like it to preselect the items that were previously selected. > >What is my best approach to take to code this up? None of the samples I have found are quite what I am looking for.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 22, 2005 12:29 PM UTC

Actutally you should look at the EmployeeTerritoryOrders example. On the bottom-right side of the form toggle that combobox to ForeignKeyKeyWords. Then the Territories column will behave exactly the way you specified. It is implemented using a RelationKind.ForeignKeyKeyWords relation. Stefan >Take a look at the productratings sample. > >>Hello, >> >>I am using a GridGroupingControl. I would like to have the cells in 1 of the columns do the following: >> >>1. Show a dropdown grid when clicked >>2. Allow multiple records to be selected on the dropdown grid >>3. When the dropdown grid closes, I would like to display the selected values as a comma separated list (e.g. "Item1, Item2, Item3") >>4. The next time the dropdown grid opens for the same row again, I would like it to preselect the items that were previously selected. >> >>What is my best approach to take to code this up? None of the samples I have found are quite what I am looking for.

BN Brian N. Wright November 22, 2005 02:13 PM UTC

The EmployeeTerritoryOrders and ProductRatings samples are close and I had looked at them before. I had an issue with using the RelationKind.ForeignKeyKeyWords approach that these 2 samples take. Specifically, the dropdown grid only displays the related records. I want a dropdowngrid that displays all possible records with the related records simply preselected. This would allow the user to quickly select some of the other records as well. (Granted in these samples I suppose I could add a record in the dropdowngrid for any value that I want, but I would rather have something that shows all of the possible selections right away with only the related records selected) I had used the DropDownFormAndUserControlSample on a GridDataBoundGrid before. Will this also work on a GridGroupingControl? I guess I am a little confused about the relationship between the two as I thought they had pretty distinct architectures. I will check out the CustomCellTypes in more detail. Any other advice would also be appreciated. Thanks, Brian

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon