We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Data Binding

I was wondering if anyone has a solution to this problem. I am binding a data source to a combo box which works fine. The problem is that when the Window form is rendered the text portion of the bound combo box shows the first item. Is there a way to have not items shown?

7 Replies

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 22, 2005 03:57 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Sorry for the delayed response. Could you please include the following code snippet, inorder to prevent the first item getting displayed in the Text Portion? this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Clear (); Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your patience. Best Regards, Anu

SG Scott Griswold November 22, 2005 12:11 PM UTC

Dear Anu I tried this and it did not work. Text was still shown in the combo box. Regards, Scott > >Hi Scott, > >Sorry for the delayed response. > >Could you please include the following code snippet, inorder to prevent the first item getting displayed in the Text Portion? > > >this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Clear (); > > >Please let me know if this helps you. Thanks for your patience. > >Best Regards, >Anu >

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 23, 2005 02:32 PM UTC

Hi Scott, Could you please provide me more information regarding how you populate these values in your comboBoxAdv? Thanks, Anu.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 12:40 AM UTC

Dear Anu, The combo box is populated by binding it to a data set. Scott >Hi Scott, > >Could you please provide me more information regarding how you populate these values in your comboBoxAdv? > >Thanks, > >Anu. > >

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 07:02 AM UTC

Hi Scott, I have attached a sample here that binds the ComboBox to a dataset. And the previously suggested code snippet works fine. this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Clear (); or this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Text =null; Could you please modify this sample to show me your problem, if this doesn''t resolve the issue? Thanks for you patience. Regards, Anu

combobox_37343.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 24, 2005 04:57 PM UTC

Dear Anu, The code that you sent me worked correctly. Thank you for taking the time to work through this with me Regards, Scott Griswold > >Hi Scott, > >I have attached a sample here that binds the ComboBox to a dataset. And the previously suggested code snippet works fine. > > >this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Clear (); > > >or > > >this.comboBoxAdv1.TextBox.Text =null; > > >Could you please modify this sample to show me your problem, if this doesn''t resolve the issue? > >Thanks for you patience. > >Regards, >Anu >

combobox_37343.zip

AR Anupama Roy Syncfusion Team November 25, 2005 03:59 AM UTC

Hi Scott, Thanks for your update. Regards, Anu.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon