We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

Can I assign a dataset with relations to a Treeview?

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

3705 Apr 3,2003 01:16 AM UTC Apr 10,2003 12:06 AM UTC Windows Forms 2
Tags: FAQ
Rajaraman
Asked On April 3, 2003 01:16 AM UTC

Hi I am having two tables and master,childrecords between it, can I assign the dataset to a treeview which will contain automatically Itemdescription shown with ItemID as key/tag Regards Rajaraman

Ahmed Ovais Akhter
Replied On April 8, 2003 07:33 AM UTC

Hello Rajaraman I am afraid that you can not assign the dataset with relations directly to the treeview. Sorry for the BAD news. But what can do is that you can define a relation in the dataset and loop through the parent table make a row for each record and call GetChildRows method pass it the relation this will return u the all the related child rows now you can make the tree nodes for all these rows. and offcource if you relations for endless level you can make a method and call it recursively

Rajaraman
Replied On April 10, 2003 12:06 AM UTC

Thanks Regards Rajaraman

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;