We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Refresh in GDBG

Please provide some help for the following questions. #1 How do I refresh the grid''s content/style/formatting when I pick a different value from a combobox for a cell? When I pick a different value "PrepareViewStyleInfo" doesn''t get triggered until I click on some other cell. #2 I have a collection business object bind to grid, changing a value in a cell cause recalculation of each property within the business object. How do I refresh the grid with new changes? Thanks, Sanjay

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 08:43 AM UTC

1) Try calling grid.CurrentCell.ConfirmChanges in the grid.CurrentCellCloseDropDown event. 2) If your collection implements IBindingList in a suitable manner, then you would not have to do anything to get the grid to refresh. But otherwise, you will have to make the grid redraw itself at that cell that is changes outside the grid. One way you can do this is to explicitly call grid.Refresh or grid.RefreshRange. Or, you could call grid.Invalidate or grid.InvalidateRect followed by grid.Update to trigger the drawing as well.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

--1) Try calling grid.CurrentCell.ConfirmChanges in the grid.CurrentCellCloseDropDown event. it didn''t work. would you suggest something else. thanks,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 15, 2005 06:21 PM UTC

You can also try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit in CurrentCellCloseDropDown. What kind of grid are you using? If it is a GridDataBoundGrid, then you can try calling grid.CurrentCell.EndEdit(); grid.Binder.CurrentCell.EndEdit();

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon