We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridListControl and VS 2005

I have installed the Essential Grid V 3.2 on a machine with Visual Studio 2005 Beta. All of my code seems to work except for when I try to bind a dataset to a GridListControl. I understand that there are issues with VS 20005 and V 3.2 of the Essential Grid, but I was wondering if there is a current work around. Here is the issue. When I try to bind a data set to a grid list control, I get one of two results. If I set MultiColumn = false, the grid is filled with a single column and every row is blank. If I set MultiColumn = true, no columns or rows appear, but the scrollbar acts like there are records. Here is the code I used: Dim MyDataSet As New DataSet Dim con As New SqlConnection Dim com As New SqlCommand Dim da As New SqlDataAdapter con.ConnectionString = "integrated security=SSPI;data source=SQL1;initial catalog=db_Core" com.Connection = con com.CommandText = "select CLIENT_ID, CLIENT, Sources from tbl_Cid_XREF With (nolock) order by tbl_Cid_XREF.CLIENT" da.SelectCommand = com da.Fill(MyDataSet, "Table") GridListControl1.MultiColumn = True GridListControl1.DataSource = MyDataSet.Tables("Table")

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 14, 2005 06:29 PM UTC

If you try using a .Net 2.0 DataGridView and set its DataSource to the same DataTable, does it show up there? Do you get any exceptions being thrown? The GridListControlSample we ship works OK if you set its DataSource to a DataTable using version 3.3 of our libraries and .NET 2.0 release version.

CE Chad Elliot November 14, 2005 08:13 PM UTC

Unfortunately, no errors are generated. When I set the DataSource property of a DataGridView, the data displayed correctly. I tried GridListControlSample and it worked just fine, but the ComboBoxBaseGridDemo did not. When I tried to run the program, Visual Studio told me there were build errors, but when I looked for the errors in Visual Studio, none where found.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon