We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Pie chart and Display Text

Hi, there, I would like to know the following: 1. In pie chart, is it possible to get rid the tick line. what I mean is to show up the text on each point but not the Tick line. For ex when I say in "ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle" event { args.Style.DisplayText = true; args.Style.Text = string.Format("{0}%", series.Points[args.Index].YValues[0]); } each part in the pie shows up the text along with a tick line. Now how do I turn off that tick line but still display the text? Please refer attached image for details. 2. In Pie chart, is there any other way available to display text for each point apart from doing it in the "ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle" event. I mean what I would like to know is, if I handle "ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle" then for each point I need to set the text, how do I do the same for all the points in a series so that I dont have to handle "ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle" rather while preparing the series itself I make series to display text in each of the points? Thanks, Bubu

syncPie.zip

3 Replies

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 11, 2005 03:45 PM UTC

Hi, You can avoid displaying the Tick lines by setting the Text Orientation property of ChartStyleInfo class. You can display the text without raising the PrepareStyle event using the Styles property of the ChartSeries class. Please take a look at the sample attached which illustrates this and let me know if this helps you. Regards, Geetha

F36816.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 13, 2005 01:00 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for the reply. but what I was looking for is to show up the text at the top but not to display the tick. I had tried other enums of "ChartTextOrientation" but seems either it shows the text at centre or it shows up the text with tick line at the top. It will be gr8 if you can provide a sample showing all the "ChartTextOrientation" s in a series.

GM Geetha M Syncfusion Team November 17, 2005 01:37 PM UTC

Hi, Sorry for the delayed response. I am afraid, the Pie chart cannot display text without ticks except when the text orientation is set to be RegionUp. I have created a feature request on this and will try to implement it at the earliest. Thanks for you patience. Regards, Geetha

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon