We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid Problems

I am running into a strange problem with a GridDataBoundGrid. For some reason, when I move my mouse over one cell in a row to a cell in a different row, the second cell is taking on the value of the first cell. I have no idea why this is happening. In the grid I have EnableEdit set to false, the TableStyle.Enabled set to false, and the TableStyle.ReadOnly set to true.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2005 03:40 PM UTC

What grid events are you handling? grid.Model.QueryCellInfo or any mouse events? Are there any exceptions being raised (check the output work or set the debugger to break or CLR exceptions)? If you change those style settings you mentioned, does the problem go away? If so, another way to make a grid strictly readonly (but maybe clickable) is to handle the CurrentCellStartEditing event, and set e.Cancel = true there.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 3, 2005 04:19 PM UTC

I figured out the problem was occuring with the following: I was catching the CellMouseHoverEnter event and setting grid[e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex].CellTipText = grid[e.RowIndex, e.ColIndex].FormatedText. The problem seems to go away if I instead used the PrepareViewStyleInfo event and use e.CellTipText = e.FormatedText. Not sure why the difference is, but it works properly in the second form.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon