We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Tabbed document docking style

Hi, I am trying to have a tabbed document (~tabbed MDI) look and feel inside a dockable window. I can''t really use a TabbedMDIManager as it require to be on a top level form. So I was wondering if there is any way to achieve what I want to do. The easiest way would be to have another DockingStyle (DockingStyle.Document) that would dock the child with the tabbed MDI style. Thanks in advance

5 Replies

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 28, 2005 02:26 PM UTC

Hi Philippe, We have implemented this feature already as DockTabAlignment property. But it was created after the final release of Essential Studio V3.3. If you are interested in recieving a patch build, please create a Direct Trac incident to get the patch version and also mention this forum link. I have attached the screen shot for your reference. Please refer to it and let me know whether is this the feature you are looking for. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion Products. Regards, Vijay Screen Shot

PR Philippe Rollin October 28, 2005 05:55 PM UTC

Great, seems to be what I am looking for Is there any plan to add scroll and close buttons on the right of the tab strip ( like tabbed MDI ). I would like to use this feature as a complete replacement of tabbed MDI inside of a dockable window. Ideally I would like to have the exact same behavior (being able to have groups of tabbed documents like Visual .NET) Thanks

PR Philippe Rollin October 28, 2005 08:42 PM UTC

Also, it is actually not possible to have a tabbed style when only one dockable window is docked. I think that a good idea would be to allow to use the docking style DockingStyle.Tabbed even when the parent is the host form when calling DockingManager.DockControl(). The control would then be docked with a tabbed look even if it is the only one on the host. Does that make sense ?

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team November 2, 2005 07:22 AM UTC

Hi Philippe, Sorry for the delayed response. 1. A feature request has been made to Add ability to show scroll bar when autohide dock tab width exceed the form height or width . 2. Currently it is not possible to dock a single control to tabbed style. However this feature could enhance the functionality of the docking manager and we thank you for your valuable suggestion. We have logged a feature request to Add ability to have a tabbed style when only one dockable window is docked . You could track the status of these feature requests at the above links and we will try to implement the same at the earliest . Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Vijay

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team November 4, 2005 12:30 AM UTC

Great news, hope it will be implemented soon.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon