We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataGridTextBoxColumn

I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. Can anyone help. Thanks Dave

4 Replies

JR Jim Rainville July 24, 2003 04:48 PM UTC

Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > Can anyone help. > > Thanks > > Dave

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team January 10, 2004 08:45 PM UTC

The following works find when the box is selected and the TextBox is created. Until the field is selected the text box does not exist. DataGridTextBoxColumn nameColumnStyle = new DataGridTextBoxColumn(); nameColumnStyle.TextBox.WordWrap=true; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

PA Pam March 24, 2004 05:43 PM UTC

I ended up putting in the following code for each datagridcolumn that I wanted upper under the initialize component. dataGridTextBoxColumn32.TextBox.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

PA Pam March 24, 2004 05:44 PM UTC

Sorry I posted this answer to the wrong datagrid problem. I ended up putting in the following code for each datagridcolumn that I wanted upper under the initialize component. dataGridTextBoxColumn32.TextBox.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon