We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy.
Unfortunately, activation email could not send to your email. Please try again.
Syncfusion Feedback

DataGridTextBoxColumn

Thread ID:

Created:

Updated:

Platform:

Replies:

3627 Mar 31,2003 09:46 AM UTC Mar 24,2004 05:44 PM UTC Windows Forms 4
Tags: FAQ
Dave Turrell
Asked On March 31, 2003 09:46 AM UTC

I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. Can anyone help. Thanks Dave

Jim Rainville
Replied On July 24, 2003 04:48 PM UTC

Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > Can anyone help. > > Thanks > > Dave

Administrator [Syncfusion]
Replied On January 10, 2004 08:45 PM UTC

The following works find when the box is selected and the TextBox is created. Until the field is selected the text box does not exist. DataGridTextBoxColumn nameColumnStyle = new DataGridTextBoxColumn(); nameColumnStyle.TextBox.WordWrap=true; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

Pam
Replied On March 24, 2004 05:43 PM UTC

I ended up putting in the following code for each datagridcolumn that I wanted upper under the initialize component. dataGridTextBoxColumn32.TextBox.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

Pam
Replied On March 24, 2004 05:44 PM UTC

Sorry I posted this answer to the wrong datagrid problem. I ended up putting in the following code for each datagridcolumn that I wanted upper under the initialize component. dataGridTextBoxColumn32.TextBox.CharacterCasing = CharacterCasing.Upper; > Did you ever get an answer or figure this problem out? I am currently struggling with the same thing. The problem seems to the that the textbox property is a read only property so you can't just do this: > > dataGridTextBoxColumn.TextBox.WordWrap = true; > > This will just get you a copy and set the word wrap property in that copy. > > I understand the problem but a solution would sure be nice. > > > > I have tried everything I know to get a textbox in a DataGridtextBoxColumn to word wrap, including setting wordwrap, multiline, alignment and scrollbars. Nothing works, I must be missing something. > > > > Can anyone help. > > > > Thanks > > > > Dave >

CONFIRMATION

This post will be permanently deleted. Are you sure you want to continue?

Sorry, An error occured while processing your request. Please try again later.

Warning Icon You are using an outdated version of Internet Explorer that may not display all features of this and other websites. Upgrade to Internet Explorer 8 or newer for a better experience.Close Icon

;