We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Open Windows Application from a Web Form and Pass Variable

I have a Personnel Roster Management Application that I developed in ASP.Net. I would like to use a Windows Application (Personnel.exe) written in C# Visual Studios .Net as the user interface for editing and updating the personnel data as it is much nicer than the web version. The unique Identifier in the Personnel Table is “sernum” (Serial Number). When the user views a personnel record in the web application and clicks on the Update link on the web page – the Personnel.exe program would open with the correct employee information being displayed. If I store the Personnel.exe application on the client side and open it with a VB script how do I pass the value of sernum from the Web Page to the Personnel.exe? I can get the Personnel.exe to read the variable on the Server Side with a Web Reference but I cannot launch the Personnel.exe on the Server from the Client throught the ASP Web Page. Any Suggestiosn would greatly be appreciated.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon