We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

DataBoundGrid DropDownGrid with FilterBar

I have a GridDataBoundGrid with a column that I would like to be a DropDownGrid. However, unlike the samples I have, this dropdowngrid is not a child details grid.. it is a grid to allow the user to select a foreign key value by selecting one of the rows. So I have modified the DropDownUserControl sample to contain a GridDataBoundGrid rather than a CheckListBox. (This was the closest fit to what I want which if for the user to be able to filter the grid if it helps them narrow down their choices, select a row, and then select OK) This is working great, but I want the Grid on this DropDownUserControl to also have a FilterBar. Adding this FilterBar does not seem to work as it does on a normal (nondropdown) grid. It either contains empty comboboxes, or it even crashes sometimes. Is there something special I need to do to add a FilterBar to Grid on a DropDownUserControl?

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 24, 2005 09:33 AM UTC

If you want a dropdown to host a grid that itselfs hosts another dropdown, then the dropdown has to derive from GridDropDownContainer. There is another sample that we ship that shows dropdown grid. 3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\DropdownGrid. Attached is that sample modified to show a GridDataBoundGrid dropping another GridDataboundGrid with a FilterBar.

CS1.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon