We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Orthogonal Links

Hi, I did download the Service pack for Syncfusion [ver - 3.3.0.10]. I added the code to enable LineRoutingEnabled and LineBridgingEnabled properties in the CoolLinks sample. Code added:- this.diagram1.Model.LineRoutingEnabled = true; this.diagram1.Model.LineBridgingEnabled = true; When I tried to connect 2 different symbols using a Orthogonal Link, it does still cross over other symbols in a diagram. Can you let me know how I can solve this problem with Orthogonal Links. ? Regards, Vinod.R

5 Replies

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team October 21, 2005 12:50 PM UTC

Hello Vinod, The way to accomplish this would be using Link.LineRoutingEnabled/Link.LineBridgingEnabled properties rather than using diagram.Model.LineRoutingEnabled/LineBridgingEnabled properties. Please let me know if you have any queries on this. Thanks, Meera Fathima Syncfusion Inc.,

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 25, 2005 06:42 AM UTC

Hi, I tried that too. It doesn''t work either. The links still crosses over any symbols in it''s way and doesn''t route automatically when it finds a symbol on it''s way. Regards, Vinod > >Hello Vinod, > >The way to accomplish this would be using Link.LineRoutingEnabled/Link.LineBridgingEnabled properties rather than using diagram.Model.LineRoutingEnabled/LineBridgingEnabled properties. > >Please let me know if you have any queries on this. > > >Thanks, >Meera Fathima >Syncfusion Inc., > >

MF Meera Fathima Syncfusion Team October 25, 2005 11:32 AM UTC

Hello Vinod, I was not able to reproduce the problem. I have tested both this.diagram.LineBridgingEnabled/LineRoutingEnabled and Link.LineRoutingEnabled/Link.LineBridgingEnabled with the CoolLinks sample. They work as expected. Please make sure that in the PropertyEditor the value for these properties is set true at run time and ensure that you are using the assembly files of V3.3.0.10. Please let me know if you still run with any problem.We will be glad to assist. Thanks and Regards, Meera.

JB James Brock October 26, 2005 11:07 AM UTC

I am less than impressed with the Orthogonal Links and auto line routing functionality. Syncfusion have produced the line routing and line bridges that I (and probably others) asked for. I am impressed that they have done so. However, as with so much of the functionality that Syncfusion implement it seems that testing has not been thorough enough and that the race to introduce new functionality means that the functionality is not delivered in a stable state. I would rather that you ensure that the functionality that you have works well and is reliable, than see you release yet more additions to your suite that pass only basic testing and not a more thorough examination. I have posted issues in Direct Trac but feel that a more "public" response may allow others to either agree or disagree with my stance. I feel it is an issue that Syncfusion should take on board if they are to progress. Regards Jimski

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 27, 2005 07:39 AM UTC

Hi James, I am sorry that you are encountering problems with the LineRouting/LineBridging functionality. In case you are yet to upgrade to the 3.3.0.10 minor update of Essential Diagram please do so right away, as this build includes several fixes related to LineRouting. As for your other problems, if you have already notified us and the required QA reports logged, rest assured that we will address these issues at the earliest possible. Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon