We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridTabPanel + .NET Splitter + Form Inheritance = PAIN!

G''day, Trying to add a splitter in front of a derived SF grid tab panel, in order to display a chart that can be dragged bigger or smaller. The inheritance is thus: BaseView |-> SheetView |-> TemplateView The base view contains a GridTabPanel. At first I attempted to mash the Splitter into the SheetView. It worked, but there was a strange problem where the filled grid tab panel rendered past the right hand edge of the form - as if it has worked out that the end of the form was past where it actually was on the screen. Therefore the last few cells and vert scroll bar are missing. After much hair tearing I moved the splitter down into the baseview, and decided to hide it (only sheetview needs the splitter functionality). No difference - except that now templateview is affected also. Any idea? I am rapidly running out of hair... TERRY ROSSOW.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 19, 2005 07:34 AM UTC

I cannot find any occurrence of a GridTabPanel in either the grid or gridgrouping libraries. Exactly what is it? Can you upload a sample project showing your problem. In general, with .NET 1.1 docking and splitters, the order you add the controls to their parents is crucial. For example, if you first put three controls on a form in this order, C1, C2, C3, and then set C1.Dock = Fill, and C2.Dock = Left and C3.Dock = Left, C1 will be under C2 and C3.

TR Terence Rossow October 19, 2005 11:46 PM UTC

Ahh damn - the grid tab panel is actually a user control we created to mimic excel''s workbook. *slaps head*. I know about the order thing - I''ve spent quite a bit of time with this just getting the splitter to work. The problem is that the control docks itself to a point past the end of the form. However since I just realised this is a user-control, I can''t see how any Syncfusion code would be at fault. My Appologies.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon