We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridDataBoundGrid & Delete Key

Hi, I''m running into a problem with the Delete key when I''m in the GridDataBoundGrid control. When I''m in a cell and editing the text, the Delete key does not work (deleting characters). I''ve narrowed it down to the ListBoxSelectionMode property in conjunction with the EnableRemove property. We need ListBoxSelectionMode set to MultiExtended and EnableRemove set to false. Unfortunately, when these modes are set, the Delete key doesn''t seem to work at all. If EnableRemove is turned back on, pressing Delete removes the whole row. However, even this doesn''t really make sense because I''m currently editing a cell. The Delete key should delete the characters to the right of my position (like it normally does). I can understand it deleting the row if I wasn''t currently editing the cell. But that''s a side issue, because we need ListBoxSelectionMode set to MultiExtended and EnableRemove set to false. And when we edit a cell, the Delete key should work as normal.

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 17, 2005 07:50 PM UTC

You can work around this problem by handling the CurrentCellKeyDown event. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_Delete_b1a3c869.zip

TG Todd Geraty October 17, 2005 08:01 PM UTC

Works like a champ - thanks!

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon