We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dock Layout Persistance

Hello: I''m using ver 3.3.0.0; Occasionally the layout manager mis-places windows on startup. On the form-close event I''m calling: dockingManager.SaveDockState (appStateSerializer); appStateSerializer.PersistNow(); And to retrieve: dockingManager.LoadDockState(appStateSerializer) Any help will be greatly apprecaited.

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 10:27 AM UTC

I believe that you must load the state in a handler of the docking manager''s NewDockStateEndLoad event - otherwise it will not work correctly. This event will fire again when you load the dock state, so your code must prevent recursive loading.

VS Vijayanand S Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 12:52 PM UTC

Hi Narendra, Docking Manager loads the docking windows properties after the Form Load event. If you want to set or get the values for docking windows during application startup, you could use the statement within the NewDockStateEndLoad event. This event will trigger at the end of the Form Load event. Please take a look at this attached sample and let me know if this meets your requirements. We appreciate your interest in Syncfusion Products. Thanks, Vijay. Sample

NM Narendra Maharaj October 18, 2005 10:00 PM UTC

Great advice Vijayanand and Anonymous. That seem to work just fine. Thanks

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon