We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Is it possible to improve performance of groupingGridControl in version 3.0.1.0?

I''m using groupingGridControl(3.0.1.0) now. But I found the QueryCellInfo event cause the grid become very slow when scrolling or maximizing if there are many columns and row in the grid. I review the sample project "OneQueryCellInfo", but it''s only for normal grid. Is it possible to disable the query event?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2005 11:02 AM UTC

There is no way currently to disable the QueryCellStyleInfo event in the GridGroupingControl. What are you using this event for? There may (or may not) be other ways to accomplish what you are using it for. In version 3.3, there is some new optimaizations that are possible depending upon exactly you are doing. That versionhas a new sample, \3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\Grouping\EngineOptimizations, that illustrates its these techniques.

TH Terry Huang October 14, 2005 12:42 AM UTC

I didn''t want to use this event. But I found the performance is slowed down because of this event. I didn''t change anything of a cell but the cell style always be queried when scrolling or maximizing.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 14, 2005 08:01 AM UTC

The grid actually uses QuerycellStyleInfo to obtain the style object anytime the cell is drawn or anytime the style is needed for any reason. It is constantly being hit. So any code you put in it should be optimized as much as possible. If you are trying to do time consuming work there if at all possible, you should cache the results of the time consuming work and just retrieve the cached work instead of doing the work on every call. Just setting e.Style.BackColor = COlor.Red in QueryCellStyleInfo will not likely slow anything down. But doing a database call in QueryCellStyleInfo to decide to set e.Style.BackColor = Color.Red will slow things down.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon