We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Menu is not working

Hi, I have a MDI window and a Child window. When app load child menu mearged with MDI which I am looking form. In child window I have a button which add another menu item. When I click I want to new menu to added to the MDI menu as menu mearged. Why it is not working. Any Idea. Please help... I need to create dinamic menu in child form. I can not have it when I load the child form. PS: Please look at the attached file. Thanks

6 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 31, 2003 03:31 PM UTC

Iftekhar, Thanks for the sample, I see the problem. If you give me more info. on the scenario, any non-standard behavior that you want to implement, I will try to recommend you the right approach. I would like to know when you will be adding bar items in your child form, when you would like to delete them, etc. What you would want to happen when switching between different child forms, etc. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

II Iftekhar Ivaan March 31, 2003 04:49 PM UTC

Hi, I have a common default child form which content change. When I create the default child form instance, I send the content of the form. So, I need to create the menu in my 1 arg constractor where I send my content information. Menu mearge work with the default constractor. Default constractor has no idea about the content. When I switch between child window, app should show the right child menu. How can I do this? Thanks Iftekhar > Iftekhar, > > Thanks for the sample, I see the problem. If you give me more info. on the scenario, any non-standard behavior that you want to implement, I will try to recommend you the right approach. > > I would like to know when you will be adding bar items in your child form, when you would like to delete them, etc. What you would want to happen when switching between different child forms, etc. > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh >

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 1, 2003 01:55 PM UTC

Iftekhar, Is it possible for you use "dummy" BarItems in the default constructor whose Text you can later change based on the "content"? Are the no. of items you would create based on content defenite or is there a max count? Regards, Praveen Ramesh

II Iftekhar Ivaan April 1, 2003 06:46 PM UTC

Hi, I am trying to create a Adin framework where Addin developer created ther menu for their menu from the addin file. I will not know how many item or any thing about it. > Iftekhar, > > Is it possible for you use "dummy" BarItems in the default constructor whose Text you can later change based on the "content"? Are the no. of items you would create based on content defenite or is there a max count? > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh >

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 2, 2003 12:13 PM UTC

I was trying to put togather a sample, that added bar items when a child form was activated and removed those items when a child form was deactivated. I noticed some bugs while doing this. We have fixed those issues now and we preparing a patch today that will include the fixes. I will notify you when we have that patch. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team April 3, 2003 04:44 PM UTC

Iftekhar, Here is your modified sample that should show you how you can add/remove items dynamically from the child form. -Praveen

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon