We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BarItem & DataBindings

Hi, When i want to add 2 dataBindings to 2 baritem, an exception occurs. The code is : this.bi_print.DataBindings.Clear(); this.bi_printPreview.DataBindings.Clear(); this.bi_print.DataBindings.Add("Enabled", form, "CanPrint"); this.bi_printPreview.DataBindings.Add("Enabled", form, "CanPrintPreview"); The exception is : Une exception non gérée du type ''System.ArgumentException'' s''est produite dans system.windows.forms.dll Informations supplémentaires : Deux liaisons de la collection vont être liées à la même propriété. It occurs because the dataBindings collection of each baritem is the same. So when i add a dataBinding to "bi_print" baritem, it''s added to "bi_printPreview" baritem. Why ? How can i solve this problem (i use 3.2.1.0 version) ? Regards, Mikaël

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 13, 2005 01:19 PM UTC

Hi Mikael, Please implement the ICustomTypeDescriptor interface to support databinding for BarItems.I have attached a sample that illustrates this.Let me know if this meets your requirement. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Ebenezer.P

DataBinding.zip

MM Mikaël Morvan October 14, 2005 09:11 AM UTC

Hi, Now, this code works fine : this.DataBindings.Add(new System.Windows.Forms.Binding("MenuItem:Print.Text", form, "Text")); this.DataBindings.Add(new System.Windows.Forms.Binding("MenuItem:PrintPreview.Text", form, "Text")); but this one not work : this.DataBindings.Add(new System.Windows.Forms.Binding("MenuItem:Print.Enabled", form, "CanPrint")); this.DataBindings.Add(new System.Windows.Forms.Binding("MenuItem:PrintPreview.Enabled", form, "CanPrintPreview")); I can''t use databinding with the enabled properties of baritems. How can i make baritem support this databinding ? Regards, Mikaël

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 18, 2005 11:03 AM UTC

Hi Mikael, I am afraid it is possible to databind only the text and tooltip properties of the BarItem. We appreciate your cooperation. Regards, Ebenezer.P

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon