We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GridQueryCellInfo, col and row indexes

In my GridQueryCellInfo I have to subtract one from ColIndex and RowIndex when indexing into my data source, as row 0 will be column headers and of course col 0 is row headers. So col 1 of the grid, which is the first data column, is going to be 0 or ColIndex - 1 in my datasource, and so on. I need to make the col headers expand to 2 or 3 rows, possibly depending on user preference. So now the offset I have to adjust these variables to index into my data source will change. Is there any trick to mapping e.RowIndex and e.ColIndex somehow so that when I''m asked for row/col of data, they are 0-based? Of course, I still need to be able to be queried for the column header(s) text, though even if e.RowIndex was -1 that would be ok. This may seem like a strange request, but I''m just looking for some way to keep my code in GridQueryCellInfo looking pretty clean. I''m rewriting some old Stingray grid code where I actually had 8 or 9 rows of header information before data started, and this could go in that direction eventually. If no such trick exists, I can live with it. Jim

2 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 09:42 PM UTC

grid.Rows.HeaderCount gives the index of the last header row. So, the default one-header grid has this property set to zero. If you have 1 extra header (for a total of two header rows), grid.Rows.HeaderCount is 1.

JI Jim October 11, 2005 09:59 PM UTC

Ok, thanks.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon