We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Deleting Row in a GDBG

We have just upgraded from version 2.0.5.0 to 3.3.0.0. In the old version, we handled the OnRowsDeleting event in order to display an "Are you sure?" dialog. With the new version, the delete key must be used twice to activate this event. We need to be able to delete the row and display the dialog on a single delete key. How can I accomplish this? Ken

3 Replies

KJ Kenneth Johnson October 11, 2005 03:24 PM UTC

Nevermind. A second search of the forum turned up HandleBoundCurrentCellKeyDown and the Handled property. Now working as well as before. Ken

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 11, 2005 03:33 PM UTC

In this simple sample, if I click the row header to select the row and then press delete, I immediately see the confirmation dialog using 3.3. Are you doing something different to initiate the deletion? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GDBG_RowsDeleting_a3e04b4f.zip Is delete a hot key for any of your menu items or toolbars? If so, this may affect how it behaves in the grid though I would think this problem would have been in 2.x as well if thi is the case.

KJ Kenneth Johnson October 11, 2005 03:54 PM UTC

I verified that your sample works. I''ll start going through my code and try to figure out what''s going on. You know, my life would be much easier if you just provided an "OnReadUsersMind" event. Ken

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon