We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Menu merge

Hi, I have a MDI form with MainFrameBarManager1 and child form with ChildFrameBarManager1. Child form does not have any default constractor. Child form has a constractor which recive a string. Is it possiblr to do menu merge. I am getting an error. I have to create my menu based on my passed string in the constractor. Please help.

3 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 28, 2003 12:22 PM UTC

Hi, Our framework does require a default constructor and you should be able to provide one along with your other 1 arg constructor. Simply call the InitializeComponents method from within the default constructor. The default constructor could in face be protected. That should do the trick. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

II Iftekhar Ivaan March 28, 2003 03:50 PM UTC

The problem is I create my child form menu in i arg construructor based on passed arg. I only have one child form in the applicatiuon. Content of the child form is diffrent and I need to create different menu. How can I solve that. Thanks > Hi, > > Our framework does require a default constructor and you should be able to provide one along with your other 1 arg constructor. Simply call the InitializeComponents method from within the default constructor. > > The default constructor could in face be protected. > > That should do the trick. > > Regards, > Praveen Ramesh >

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 31, 2003 02:13 PM UTC

Iftekhar, You should provide a default constructor in which you create all the menus that are common to all instances of the child Form Type. If there are no such menus, then just create a ChildFrameBarManager with empty main-menu and toolbars, wihthout any items. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon