We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

named cell

i thought the namedrangesforformulas sample would show me this .. but no i basically want to call a cell fred and then in another cell enter =fred+10% or =SHEET2!fred+10% i can see how i get fred into the engine but how do i associate fred with a cell ? also if i do formaulacellselection can i make it enter fred rather than a3 thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2005 08:16 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, You can name a cell and a range in GridFormulaEngine using the AddNamedRange Function. GridFormulaEngine engine; engine = ((GridFormulaCellModel)gridControl1.Model.CellModels["FormulaCell"]).Engine; engine.AddNamedRange("fred","A1"); engine.AddNamedRange("Arow","A1:A10"); Best regards, Stanley

KV Kevin Vickers September 19, 2005 08:54 AM UTC

can i have the same name registered for multiple sheets so Sheet1!fred Sheet2!fred

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 10:13 AM UTC

Hi Kevin, Sure, you can give a try and the code for registering multiple grids as sheets to have cross sheet reference is below. int sheetfamilyID = GridFormulaEngine.CreateSheetFamilyID(); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("sheet1", this.gridControl1.Model, sheetfamilyID); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("sheet2", this.gridControl2.Model, sheetfamilyID); GridFormulaEngine.RegisterGridAsSheet("sheet3", this.gridControl3.Model, sheetfamilyID); Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon