We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Enabling the parent record to remain selected when busy working on child records

Hi, I am using a Grid Grouping Control to develop my application. When a parent record is selected and then expanded to display the child records the parent record gets unselected. I want the parent record to remain selected even if busy working with child records. Regards David

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 11:08 PM UTC

Hi David, you can add support for expanding / collapsing groups and records without moving the current record by handling the TableControlCellButtonClicked as shown in the ResizableRows example. But I am not sure if I fully understood your question ... Let me know if not. Stefan >Hi, > >I am using a Grid Grouping Control to develop my application. When a parent record is selected and then expanded to display the child records the parent record gets unselected. I want the parent record to remain selected even if busy working with child records. > >Regards >David

DM David Miller September 26, 2005 06:53 AM UTC

Hi, Where can i get this example. I looked in the examples that come with syncfusion and couldn''t find anything. Regards Tebalo

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 26, 2005 09:36 AM UTC

Hi Tebalo, You can find the sample in this folder: C:\program files\syncfusion\essential studio\3.2.1.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\samples\Grouping\ResizableRows Best regards, Jay N

DM David Miller September 27, 2005 06:20 AM UTC

Hi, In my TableControlCellButtonClicked, i want to control the arrow/cursor that points to the row being expanded/collapsed. What i want is that the arrow should remain pointing to the parent row that has been expanded. The arrow should not move to the row of the child table that is being edited. It should remain on the row of the parent table even when i''m busy editing any of the rows of the child table. Regards David

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 28, 2005 02:16 AM UTC

Hi David, you could draw that arrow yourself by subsribing to the TableControlDrawCellDisplayText and painting it there. I attached an example. Look for TableControlDrawCellDisplayText event handler and the BitampResource class. CS.zip Stefan >Hi, >In my TableControlCellButtonClicked, i want to control the arrow/cursor that points to the row being expanded/collapsed. What i want is that the arrow should remain pointing to the parent row that has been expanded. The arrow should not move to the row of the child table that is being edited. It should remain on the row of the parent table even when i''m busy editing any of the rows of the child table. > >Regards >David

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon