We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Docking package and VS.NET look & feel

I'm interested in a VS.NET behaviour when you have more than three docked controls in the same row/column; in particular when I drag a splitbar only the two adjacent controls are resized. This behaviour is not automatic with Syncfusion Docking package (Essential Tools)! Could you help me to reproduce this behaviour ?

3 Replies

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team March 21, 2003 11:46 AM UTC

Hi Stefano, For a comprehensive demo of the Essential Tools docking windows architecture check out the VSDemo sample in the Essential Tools Featured Samples section. Regarding the docking behavior when 3 controls are docked adjacent to each other, the equidistant sizing will take place only when the 3rd control is docked by placing it over the splitter that separates the first two docked controls. Docking the third control by placing it on one of the borders of the controls instead, will result in a nested docking group that will treat the orginal control and the newly docked control as an entity and will size them together. We do realize that this behavior is inconsistent with that exhibited by VS.NET for the same scenario. This variation is by design and we will look into addressing this inconsistency in a future release of Essential Tools. Prakash Syncfusion

SR Stefano Rancati March 26, 2003 10:43 AM UTC

Thanks a lot ! Only one minor remaining question : How can I dock programmatically the 3rd control by placing it over the splitter that separates the first two docked controls ? > Hi Stefano, > > For a comprehensive demo of the Essential Tools docking windows architecture check out the VSDemo sample in the Essential Tools Featured Samples section. > > Regarding the docking behavior when 3 controls are docked adjacent to each other, the equidistant sizing will take place only when the 3rd control is docked by placing it over the splitter that separates the first two docked controls. Docking the third control by placing it on one of the borders of the controls instead, will result in a nested docking group that will treat the orginal control and the newly docked control as an entity and will size them together. We do realize that this behavior is inconsistent with that exhibited by VS.NET for the same scenario. This variation is by design and we will look into addressing this inconsistency in a future release of Essential Tools. > > Prakash > Syncfusion

PS Prakash S Syncfusion Team April 1, 2003 03:33 AM UTC

Stefano, The docking windows programmatic API does not have the provision to dock a control onto the splitter separating two adjacent controls. It is only possible to do this through direct user-interaction. As mentioned in my earlier update, we will try to implement conformance of this particular aspect with the VS.NET docking behavior at the earliest possible. Our apologies for the inconvenience. Prakash Sycnfusion, Inc.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon