We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

BeginEdit issue

Hi, I use SyncFusion GridControl 3.0.1.0. I have a function that adds a new row and then calls BeginEdit. The documentation says that when BeginEdit returns, the property IsInBeginEdit should be set false. But this is not the case. Once I called BeginEdit, IsInBeginEdit will always be true. I''m not sure if this is connected to my actual problem. It is the same method which only adds a new row and call begin edit on the first cell of this row. The first two times doing this BeginEdit works and returns true. The third time doing exactly the same BeginEdit returns false. Do you have any idea why BeginEdit could fail (the cell is always of the same type and neither readonly nor enabled or sth else is set which could prevent editing the cell) and why IsInBeginEdit is never set false again? Regards, Christian

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 05:43 AM UTC

Hi Christian, IsInBeginEdit is always true as you said, I will pass this to development team. >>The third time doing exactly the same BeginEdit returns false. To me BeginEdit works fine, refer sample. Can you modify the sample to show the issue. >>Do you have any idea why BeginEdit could fail (the cell is always of the same type and neither readonly nor enabled or sth else is set which could prevent editing the cell) If you are using other controls in the form, GridControl has to be brought to focus. Try this this.gridControl1.Focus(); Best regards, Stanley

CR Christian Rattat September 13, 2005 12:47 PM UTC

Hi Stanley, I''v replaced the console output line in your sample with this line: Console.WriteLine(flag + ", IsInBeginEdit= " + this.gridControl1.CurrentCell.IsInBeginEdit.ToString()); If you now add rows you will see that IsInBeginEdit returns true after(!) BeginEdit has returned. But this is documented to return true only if the control flow is currently in begin edit. I forgot to tell you in my first post, that I use the grid in virtual grid mode in addition. Anyway, this behavior is already in the sample here. Could you please check this? Thanks! Regards, Christian >Hi Christian, > >IsInBeginEdit is always true as you said, I will pass this to development team. > >>>The third time doing exactly the same BeginEdit returns false. >To me BeginEdit works fine, refer sample. Can you modify the sample to show the issue. > >>>Do you have any idea why BeginEdit could fail (the cell is always of the same type and neither readonly nor enabled or sth else is set which could prevent editing the cell) >If you are using other controls in the form, GridControl has to be brought to focus. Try this >this.gridControl1.Focus(); > > >Best regards, >Stanley > > > >

CR Christian Rattat September 15, 2005 01:26 PM UTC

Hi, just asking again: I''ve provided that information (see post before). Do you have any solution? Regards, Christian

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 15, 2005 03:17 PM UTC

Hi Christian, I agree with you as mentioned before. >> IsInBeginEdit is always true as you said, I will pass this to development team. Do you have any other problems using virtual Grid. Best regards, Stanley

CR Christian Rattat September 15, 2005 06:53 PM UTC

Hi Stanley, thanks for forwarding the problem. And yes, I have another problem with the grid. This was already in my first post. I think the IsInBeginEdit problem is maybe only a side effect of my actual problem. As in my first post I call BeginEdit tow times and it works. I do this a third time and BeginEdit returns false and the cell does not start editing. A new problem I found today is that in anpther application I activate a cell which is not editable. When I press cursor down then it does not move to the cell below but to a completely different control in the application. How can a key press in the active cell cause the grid to lose the focus completely? There is no line of code that does anything with focus or active control in that application? Thanks again! Regards, Christian >Hi Christian, > >I agree with you as mentioned before. > >>> IsInBeginEdit is always true as you said, I will pass this to development team. > >Do you have any other problems using virtual Grid. > >Best regards, >Stanley

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 17, 2005 06:33 AM UTC

Hi Christian, Can you please upload a sample so that we could see the BeginEdit issue? To your second question >> How can a key press in the active cell cause the grid to loose the focus completely? Please try this and let me know if you are looking something different. this.gridControl1[3,3].Enabled = false; // or this.gridControl1.Enabled = false; Best regards, Stanley

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon