We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Licensing Utility mangles .bat files in debug/release dirs

Hello, In VS, you can have Build Events fired before and/or a build (look at the project property pages, under Common Properties/Build Events). These events are defined as if typed from the command line, and stored in a .bat file in the output directory of the project. Unfortunately, running the Licensing Utility mangles the contents of the .bat files. For example, what used to look like this: setlocal cd "$(ProjectDir)" "$(ProjectDir)\LauncherLibObs.bat" $(ConfigurationName) now looks like this: setlocal cd "$(ProjectDir)" "$(ProjectDir)\LauncherLibObs.bat" $(ConfigurationName) Quotes and returns are turned into control codes of some kind. I don''t understand why the Utility is even looking in the output directories. Anyway, it would be good if it didn''t do this. Thanks Keith

17 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2005 04:53 PM UTC

Hello, I''ve just looked in the .csproj for something else and noticed this: PostBuildEvent = ''setlocal cd "$(ProjectDir)" "$(ProjectDir)\LauncherLibObs.bat" $(ConfigurationName)'' So it seems that the mangling is happening at the project file level when the Utility does its licensing. k

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 01:12 PM UTC

Hi Keith, Thanks for reporting this. We will fix this and post a patch. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel >Hello, > >I''ve just looked in the .csproj for something else and noticed this: > > PostBuildEvent = ''setlocal cd "$(ProjectDir)" "$(ProjectDir)\LauncherLibObs.bat" $(ConfigurationName)'' > >So it seems that the mangling is happening at the project file level when the Utility does its licensing. > >k

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 05:20 PM UTC

Does this mean we should not install 3.3.0.0 until this patch/new version is available? Thanks, Derek >Hi Keith, > >Thanks for reporting this. We will fix this and post a patch. > >Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. > >Best regards, >Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 05:27 PM UTC

Hi Derek, No, you can upgrade. This will be a single binary to replace. Also, it does not affect projects that do not have post/pre-build steps. Best regards, Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 05:31 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, Unfortunately, we have quite a few pre/post build events in our solution. Do you have any time estimate when the patch will be available? I think this also messes the formating of the .csproj files, too. Thanks, Derek >Hi Derek, > >No, you can upgrade. This will be a single binary to replace. Also, it does not affect projects that do not have post/pre-build steps. > >Best regards, >Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 02:09 PM UTC

Can you please give us an update on this? Thanks, Derek >Hi Daniel, > >Unfortunately, we have quite a few pre/post build events in our solution. Do you have any time estimate when the patch will be available? I think this also messes the formating of the .csproj files, too. > >Thanks, >Derek > >>Hi Derek, >> >>No, you can upgrade. This will be a single binary to replace. Also, it does not affect projects that do not have post/pre-build steps. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 14, 2005 02:31 PM UTC

Derek, Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will post a fix for this before Friday. Best regards, Daniel >Can you please give us an update on this? > >Thanks, >Derek > >>Hi Daniel, >> >>Unfortunately, we have quite a few pre/post build events in our solution. Do you have any time estimate when the patch will be available? I think this also messes the formating of the .csproj files, too. >> >>Thanks, >>Derek >> >>>Hi Derek, >>> >>>No, you can upgrade. This will be a single binary to replace. Also, it does not affect projects that do not have post/pre-build steps. >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 14, 2005 03:08 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, I''m anxiously awaiting! Thanks, Derek >Derek, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will post a fix for this before Friday. > >Best regards, >Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 01:16 PM UTC

Okay - you knew it was coming! It''s Friday and no patch! What do I tell my rioting colleagues?! Thanks, Derek >Derek, > >Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will post a fix for this before Friday. > >Best regards, >Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 16, 2005 06:02 PM UTC

Hi Derek, You will have it today :) Best regards, Daniel >Okay - you knew it was coming! It''s Friday and no patch! What do I tell my rioting colleagues?! > >Thanks, >Derek > >>Derek, >> >>Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will post a fix for this before Friday. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 17, 2005 05:32 AM UTC

Hi Derek, Please download an updated version of the licensing enabler from here. Extract the contents to ${Install drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Utilities\License Enabler. This should fix the problem with post-build events. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel >Hi Derek, > >You will have it today :) > >Best regards, >Daniel > >>Okay - you knew it was coming! It''s Friday and no patch! What do I tell my rioting colleagues?! >> >>Thanks, >>Derek >> >>>Derek, >>> >>>Sorry for the delay in getting back on this. We will post a fix for this before Friday. >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Daniel >>

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 03:03 PM UTC

Will this be added to the 3.3 installation package so others will not have to do this manually? Thanks, Derek >Hi Derek, > >Please download an updated version of the licensing enabler from here. > >Extract the contents to ${Install drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Utilities\License Enabler. This should fix the problem with post-build events. > >Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. > >Best regards, >Daniel

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 03:32 PM UTC

Hi Derek, Would a service pack that can be applied on top of version 3.3.0.0 work? This is our current plan. We do not plan to re-pack version 3.3.0.0 itself. Best regards, Daniel >Will this be added to the 3.3 installation package so others will not have to do this manually? > >Thanks, >Derek > >>Hi Derek, >> >>Please download an updated version of the licensing enabler from here. >> >>Extract the contents to ${Install drive}:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Utilities\License Enabler. This should fix the problem with post-build events. >> >>Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 03:42 PM UTC

Absolutely - I didn''t mean the same 3.3.0.0 version. I was speaking generally and figured it would be something like 3.3.0.1 or something like that. Thanks, Derek

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 05:37 PM UTC

Hi Daniel, I forgot to ask the obvious questions. When is the new install going to be ready and are there any other updates (bugs fixed)? Please say sooner than later! :) Thanks, Derek >Hi Derek, > >Would a service pack that can be applied on top of version 3.3.0.0 work? This is our current plan. We do not plan to re-pack version 3.3.0.0 itself. > >Best regards, >Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 06:38 PM UTC

OK, The "new" licensing util seems to do exactly the same thing as the old one. My post-build steps still get all mangled. Plus, the util (the old one did this too sometimes) doesn''t seem to properly license my app. When I rebuild my solution it forgets that it already licensed it, and when I let the the util fix it, it adds a duplicate entry for licenses.licx in that project file which causes an error the next time I load the solution. I need to quit VS, hand edit out both .licx references in the project file, delete the .licx file, run the licensing util again. Then as an added treat, the post-build steps get mangled again. Interestingly, if I close the "no licensing information" dialog using the system close button (instead of clicking "View Dialgnostics" or "Fix It") my app runs fine. Whats going on here? k >Hi Daniel, > >I forgot to ask the obvious questions. When is the new install going to be ready and are there any other updates (bugs fixed)? Please say sooner than later! :) > >Thanks, >Derek > >>Hi Derek, >> >>Would a service pack that can be applied on top of version 3.3.0.0 work? This is our current plan. We do not plan to re-pack version 3.3.0.0 itself. >> >>Best regards, >>Daniel

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 19, 2005 09:51 PM UTC

Well, I''ve tried creating a reproducable scenario to show that this is still a problem, but I can''t get the post-build mangling to happen again. I guess cleaning/rebooting/etc. tickled the bug out. Sorry for the false (I hope) alarm... k >OK, > >The "new" licensing util seems to do exactly the same thing as the old one. My post-build steps still get all mangled. > >Plus, the util (the old one did this too sometimes) doesn''t seem to properly license my app. When I rebuild my solution it forgets that it already licensed it, and when I let the the util fix it, it adds a duplicate entry for licenses.licx in that project file which causes an error the next time I load the solution. I need to quit VS, hand edit out both .licx references in the project file, delete the .licx file, run the licensing util again. Then as an added treat, the post-build steps get mangled again. > >Interestingly, if I close the "no licensing information" dialog using the system close button (instead of clicking "View Dialgnostics" or "Fix It") my app runs fine. > >Whats going on here? > >k >>Hi Daniel, >> >>I forgot to ask the obvious questions. When is the new install going to be ready and are there any other updates (bugs fixed)? Please say sooner than later! :) >> >>Thanks, >>Derek >> >>>Hi Derek, >>> >>>Would a service pack that can be applied on top of version 3.3.0.0 work? This is our current plan. We do not plan to re-pack version 3.3.0.0 itself. >>> >>>Best regards, >>>Daniel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon