We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Export part of grid to clipboard to paste in email . .

i have some users who want to take a row or column in the grid and paste it into an outlook email . . is there any built in functionality to do this. copy to the clipboard ? any other thoughts on accomplishing this task . . thks, ak

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 10:40 PM UTC

You can copy text to the clipboard by selecting the cells, and pressing ctl+C (unless you have ctl+C assigned to some kind of menu hot-key). That would be the only clipboard support available out of the box that you can use to paste into an email. You could code support for taking a bitmap snapshot and placing that directly on the clipboard, but you would be writing the code to do this. You can see how to get a bitmap in this sample. \Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Windows\Grid.Windows\Samples\In Depth\PrintToFit

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 03:41 PM UTC

This bitmap solution seems like a good start. I have a few other questions.... I''d like to make this bitmap only for a range chosen by the user via selection of columns/rows. How do I do this? If the user selects a range, will the column headers be included, as in your example? Can we programatically create this bitmap based on a user''s request and paste it onto an email? If so, how? thx

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team October 6, 2005 04:58 PM UTC

Here is that sample tweaked so the show bitmap button displays the selected tange in the grid instead of the whole grid. It will also inculde the header row for every snapshot. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/CS_567a01d4.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon