We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Dupilcation of the record in the gridGropuing Control

Hi, I am using gridGroupingControl. I have a requirenment of doing update row by row and batch update. To do row by row update I am using this.gridGroupingControl.SourceListListChanged +=new TableListChangedEventHandler(ggdAssetView_ListChangedEventHandler); event. To do batch update I have update button. I am facing a typical error.When I do continuous realtime update lets say 6-7 rows and then uncheck real time checkbox and try to update continuosly 5-6 rows(any column) and then click on update button, by this time the id would have duplicated. I am attaching the sample code I am using.Pl run the main project.I am also attaching the snapshot of the error. PerformanceTestProj_681.zip Thanks, Prathima Error_8319.zip

9 Replies

PV prathima venkobachar September 8, 2005 10:59 AM UTC

Sorry wrong snapshot I had attached DuplicateError_393.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 11:00 PM UTC

Here is your form1 file back. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/Form1_be175dfe.zip The code has been tweaked a little with some comments in the viewGridControl1_RefreshView method.

PV prathima venkobachar September 9, 2005 05:28 AM UTC

Great, awesome !!! The code is perfectly working. But there is a huge performance issue. I agree I am calling AcceptChanges() so the code is slow. Is there any way to improve ..? I am using 3.2.1.0 version.I cant use 3.3 version. Thanks, Prathima

PV prathima venkobachar September 9, 2005 07:48 AM UTC

One more question : You are storing Current record before acceptChanges and resetting Currentrecord after acceptChanges(). why is this required..? Record r = this.groupingGrid.SyncfusionGridControl.Table.CurrentRecord; this.dataTable.AcceptChanges(); this.groupingGrid.SyncfusionGridControl.Table.CurrentRecord = r; Thanks, Prathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2005 01:30 PM UTC

Calling dataTable.AcceptChanges raises a ListChanged.Reset event on the DataView associated with the datatable. This caused the grid to lose the current record. That code persists the current record across teh AcceptChanges call. This reset event is why the AcceptChanges call is so costly. Is there a business reason that you require the datatable.AcceptChanges call in this situtaion? The changes are pushed to the datatable and the ListChanged.ItemChanged event is raised as you change records in the grid without this call to datatable.AcceptChanges.

PV prathima venkobachar September 12, 2005 09:27 AM UTC

Hi, Thanks, for the information.It is a business requirenment. I am having a problem with cursor.When I move it to the next row, if I enter any character in the cell, it adds it to the existing value..where as it should be entered as a new value..how can we solve this. Thanks, Prathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 12, 2005 10:43 PM UTC

Try setting grid.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.DblClickOnCell; to see if this gives you the behavior you want.

PV prathima venkobachar September 13, 2005 06:49 AM UTC

Hi, This doesn''t solve the problem. You can replicate the probelm in the sample attached before. I feel it is not ending the edit. When we move from one row to other..If we enter any value it appends to the cell value..and the cursor position will be in the left of the text..if its in the right..this solves the problem. You can have a look at the problem in the sample..just traverse from one row to other and try to enter the value.. Thanks, Prathima

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 13, 2005 10:03 PM UTC

If you set this property like this, you can avoid the problem. this.viewGridControl1.GroupingGrid.SyncfusionGridControl.TableModel.Options.ActivateCurrentCellBehavior = GridCellActivateAction.None;

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon