We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Controlling Cell Selection Programatically

Hi, I need to make it so the user can only select cells on every third row - clicking on cells between "selectable" rows will select the closest "selectable" cell. I tried the following: grid_CurrentCellActivating(...){ e.RowIndex -= e.RowIndex % 3; } But it didn''t work. What should I be doing? Thanks!

4 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2005 04:18 PM UTC

Your idea seems to be working in this little sample. What are you doing differently? http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GC_Paint_9ebcc0a2.zip

CN Clinton Nielsen September 7, 2005 05:13 PM UTC

In my application, there is also the line: this.gridControl1.ListBoxSelectionMode = SelectionMode.MultiExtended; If you add that line to the demo you sent, then you will notice that although the active cell does remain on only the "selectable" lines, the selected cell remains on a "non-selectable" line. What I need is for the selected cell to move as well. Thanks.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2005 05:49 PM UTC

Try handling the SelectionsChanging event and adjust the selected range there (in addition to handling CurrentCellActivating).
private void gridControl1_SelectionChanging(object sender, GridSelectionChangingEventArgs e)
{
	if(e.Range.IsRows && e.Range.Top % 3 != 1)
	{
		e.Range = GridRangeInfo.Row((e.Range.Top-1) / 3 * 3 + 1);
	}
}

CN Clinton Nielsen September 7, 2005 06:18 PM UTC

Yes. That pretty much does it. There are still a couple circumstances dealing with the Ctrl and Shift keys that cause it to act weird (because in those circumstances, e.Range has a lot of entries), but in general, that solves the problem.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon