We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Can''t switch to debug in 3.3 Release

I just downloaded and installed the 3.3 release version of Syncfusion Studio, and tried to switch to a Debug build and couldn''t. After the build steps I get a message: --------------------------- Syncfusion Assembly Manager --------------------------- There was an error updating at least one Syncfusion assembly. A log file describing the exception has been placed at "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Utilities\Assembly Manager\2003\assemblymanager_error.log Please close any process that may be using the assembly and run this utility (The Syncfusion Assembly Manager) again. If the problem persists, please contact Syncfusion Technical Support (support@syncfusion.com). We apologize for the incovenience. --------------------------- OK --------------------------- The error log in question just contains: System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\WebGrid.Grouping.Webbin\Debug". at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean file) at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String userPath, String searchPattern) at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern) at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.BuildIt(Int32 ver) Help??

4 Replies

SH Sue Harris September 7, 2005 06:24 AM UTC

I also noticed when I switched back to prebuild release some errors in the assembly manager window list - something about DemoCommon.dll not being strongly named (and then immediately after an error about not being able to add something to the cache because it wasn''t strongly named) And a lot of errors along the lines of: Failed to open metadata scope on C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\Assemblies\2.0\Syncfusion.Chart.Web.dll -- Unable to format error message 80131107 (I''m assuming they have something to do with the fact I don''t have dotnet 2 installed?) And then ends with: Failure to add assembly to cache: Unknown error Update is complete (blah blah blah) But for all this the message box still states the update completed successfully.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 7, 2005 12:55 PM UTC

Sue, when did you download the release? Was it yesterday or last week? I am asking because we had this problem in the release candidate with assembly manager but fixed it for the final release. The assemblies themselves were not changed, only the assembly manager. To rebuild the assemblies in debug mode using AssemblyManager with the Release Candiate you first have to delete an entry from the registry: Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Syncfusion\Essential Suite\InstalledVersions\3.3.0.0\Grid\Components\Grid\Assemblies And delete Syncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web.dll “C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\WebGrid.Grouping.WebSrcSyncfusion.Grid.Grouping.Web.sln” After you delete this entry AssemblyManager will run fine. Stefan >I just downloaded and installed the 3.3 release version of Syncfusion Studio, and tried to switch to a Debug build and couldn''t. > >After the build steps I get a message: > >--------------------------- >Syncfusion Assembly Manager >--------------------------- >There was an error updating at least one Syncfusion assembly. > > > >A log file describing the exception has been placed at "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\Utilities\Assembly Manager\2003\assemblymanager_error.log > > > >Please close any process that may be using the assembly and run this utility (The Syncfusion Assembly Manager) again. > > > >If the problem persists, please contact Syncfusion Technical Support (support@syncfusion.com). > > > >We apologize for the incovenience. >--------------------------- >OK >--------------------------- > > > >The error log in question just contains: > >System.IO.DirectoryNotFoundException: Could not find a part of the path "C:\Program Files\Syncfusion\Essential Studio\3.3.0.0\WebGrid.Grouping.Webbin\Debug". > at System.IO.__Error.WinIOError(Int32 errorCode, String str) > at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFileDirectoryNames(String fullPath, String userPath, Boolean file) > at System.IO.Directory.InternalGetFiles(String path, String userPath, String searchPattern) > at System.IO.Directory.GetFiles(String path, String searchPattern) > at SFAssemblyManager.SwapUtilityDlg.BuildIt(Int32 ver) > > > > >Help??

SH Sue Harris September 7, 2005 09:40 PM UTC

I had downloaded both. I previously had last weeks RC installed, which I uninstalled then installed the release that I downloaded yesterday. I guess the uninstall left stuff behind. But deleting that key fixed it all up. Thanks, Sue

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 8, 2005 03:35 PM UTC

Stefan, I got the same error and had never installed any other 3.3 version on this computer. Regards, Thomas >I had downloaded both. I previously had last weeks RC installed, which I uninstalled then installed the release that I downloaded yesterday. > >I guess the uninstall left stuff behind. But deleting that key fixed it all up. > >Thanks, >Sue

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon