We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

QueryColWidth problem with HScrollBar

Hi together, I have got a problem with a custom QueryColWidth event in my gridgroupingcontrol. I always get a horizontal scrollbar - but there is no need for it. What I am doing wrong?? PleaseDelete2_2300.zip

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2005 03:42 PM UTC

Here is you sample back. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/PleaseDelete2_987a1d29.zip About the scrollbar, the simplest thing to do is to just hide it, and in your case I do not think it will cause a problem. One other comment is the the ClientSize is already adjusted for the scrollbars, so you do not have to do any adjustment in QueryColWidth.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2005 05:39 PM UTC

Hi Clay, thanks, but the problem is, if the form is fixed (not resizeable) and a column cell of the first column (e.g. Name) has a cell content which is much wider than actual (e.g. a User enters a long text) - I can''t scroll to the second column. So I need the horizontal scrollbar when the content of a cell get''s wider. How can I solve the problem then ???? Any help would be great Kind regards, Franz >Here is you sample back. > >http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/PleaseDelete2_987a1d29.zip > >About the scrollbar, the simplest thing to do is to just hide it, and in your case I do not think it will cause a problem. > >One other comment is the the ClientSize is already adjusted for the scrollbars, so you do not have to do any adjustment in QueryColWidth.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 2, 2005 07:35 PM UTC

>>a cell content which is much wider than actual If this is the situation, you will not be able to use QueryColWidth to make the grid exactly fill the parent. You could conditionally use querycolwidth when it is possible. If not possible, then you would have to show the scrollbar and assign reasoanle column widths.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon