We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

GroupView crash with Icon 32x32

When trying to add an item to a GroupView control using an Icon from the large image list from an icon format (.ico) file of 32x32 of either 4 or 8 bits I get an exception on the screen "Invalid parameter used" and then inside the GroupView control is painted: " System.ArgumentException: Invalid parameter used. at System.Drawing.Bitmap.LockBits( Rectangle rect, ImageLockMode flags, PixelFormat format) at System.Windows.Forms.ControlPaint.CreateHBitmapTransparencyMask.... " I am using Syncfusion 3.2.1.0 Any ideas? Cheers, Miguel

5 Replies

MG Miguel Garvie August 25, 2005 02:20 PM UTC

Just to add that when the same icon files are used as small images they are shrunk and displayed correctly. Also, bitmap (.bmp) files work fine as 32x32 images.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team August 26, 2005 04:23 AM UTC

Hi Miguel, I have tested for this issue. The Icons associated with the GroupView Items seem to be working fine. Please take a look at the sample attached and let me know whether I have understood your problems correctly. If you still experience the same problem, please kindly modify the sample to show the issue. Thanks for your interest in Syncfusion products. Regards, Mano J

MG Miguel Garvie August 26, 2005 08:56 AM UTC

Thanks for your quick response Mano, However I''m using Visual Studio 2002 and can''t open the project you attached.

MJ Mano J Syncfusion Team August 26, 2005 12:14 PM UTC

Hi Miguel, Sorry for the inconvenience. I have attached a modified sample. Please refer to it and let me know if you have any questions. Thanks for your cooperation. Regards, Mano

MG Miguel Garvie August 30, 2005 09:49 AM UTC

Hi Mano, As I mentioned earlier, it works fine with bitmaps but doesn''t with icons. It works with the 16x16 icons and stretches it to 32x32 but doesn''t work with native 32x32 icon. I''ve worked around this by loading the icon files and then converting them to bitmaps, so from now on this issue is more for anyone else who may have the same problem. Cheers, Miguel

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon