We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Licensing & Deployment

I bought the $495 Excel license and was told I could have one developer license and one production license for that fee. Now, I want to deploy. Do I _have_ to run that 140+ MB executable to do the install, or can I just deploy the assembly in my application directory? For me, the latter is highly preferable... I don''t want all the help files and so on installed. There seems to be a licensing windows forms application that pops up when I try to do it the way I want to? Please let me know. -Andrew

1 Reply

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team August 24, 2005 02:45 PM UTC

Hi Andrew, You do not need to run the install. With versions earlier than 3.3 you could deploy the binary along with a small license key file (slf file - this is installed under a folder called templates in the Essential Studio install). With 3.3 this file is also not required and you can deploy the binaries as is. Please open a support incident if you have any trouble at all during deployment. Thank you for using Syncfusion Essential Studio. Best regards, Daniel >I bought the $495 Excel license and was told I could have one developer license and one production license for that fee. > >Now, I want to deploy. Do I _have_ to run that 140+ MB executable to do the install, or can I just deploy the assembly in my application directory? For me, the latter is highly preferable... I don''t want all the help files and so on installed. > >There seems to be a licensing windows forms application that pops up when I try to do it the way I want to? > >Please let me know. > >-Andrew

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon