We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

OneTimeOnlyQueryCellInfoGrid and Designer

I experiment with the OneTimeOnlyQueryCellInfoGrid example and experiance the following problem: When I add OneTimeOnlyQueryCellInfoGrid in a new form (even a second grid in the main form) the designer does not initialize it correctly. All the styles are different then the styles in the GridControl. However, the big problem is that I cannot set the row count and the column count from the properties - the designer always overwrites them. The designer works fine with the grid that is originally placed on the form. I cannot see a big difference between the initialization of the two grids, except the large number of GridRangeStyle defined for the original one. Do you have some idea how to makle the designer work ok?

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2005 08:40 AM UTC

Here is what I see. I build the sample project, then open the form in the form in the designer. (Building the project before opening the designer is required becuase the project uses derived classes.) Then I can ctl+C the grid and ctl+V to add a second copy to the form. I can then change teh row count in either grid at design time, and the grid''s on the design surface show the proper number of rows. If I run this modifed sample, the old grid has a different number of rows (because of the QueryRowCount event being handled for that grid), and the new grid has teh number of rows set in the designer. Are you not seeing this behavior? I tried it with the 3.3 RC build.

GK Georgi Kashev August 18, 2005 10:19 AM UTC

Yes, Copy & Paste works fine. But if the control is added to the Toolbox and created via the Toolbox the situation is quite different. If I try to add the grid in a differen project I will not have a template to copy.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2005 12:44 PM UTC

Are you creating a control library, adding the derived grid code to this library, and adding a reference to that library to your new project before you try to use grid from the designer?

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon