We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Primary axis values

Hi, Is there a way not to show a value at a point. I mean, say I have the Yaxis having values 0, 10, 20,...80, 90, 100. I want the values 0, and 100 not to show up but the other values should show normally. So, in other words I need, not to show up the initial and final range values ... Also one more thing that I want to know, Is it possible to change the offset of Title of an axis, I mean Can I modify the distance, between the Title of an Axis and the Axis itself. I feel its not possible in straight forward way, at least is there any work around to this problem? Thanks, Atanu

14 Replies

AP Atanu Podder August 17, 2005 05:38 PM UTC

The values I have mentioned above is the range values of that axis. Thanks, Atanu

AP Atanu Podder August 18, 2005 07:41 AM UTC

Hi, I believe its possible to do so, through the LabelImpl and ValueType property of the Primary axises. Just that we need to say this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.LabelsImpl = new LabelModel(new string[]{"", "ABC", "XYZ",...,"Volvo", ""}); this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom; Thanks anayways, Atanu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 18, 2005 06:20 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, There is no way to specify the position of the axis title with respect to the axis itself. You can add additional space if you want by adding a \r to the title this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.Title = "\rX Title"; The title does support the TitleAlignment property that can be used to align the label: this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.TitleAlignment = System.Drawing.StringAlignment.Near; Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder August 22, 2005 05:04 PM UTC

By saying this, this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Title = "\rY Title"; we can modify the position of the title on the Yaxis, so the title comes down. But how do I INCRAESE the gap between the title text and the y axis, below both the lines display the y axis title at the same position: this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Title = "Y Title"; this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Title = "Y Title\r\r\r\r"; Thanks, Atanu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 23, 2005 03:40 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, I can see the behavior. The method of using \r to space out the title axis is a workaround and it doesn''t seem to work for the Y axis. I will submit a feature request for this issue. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder August 31, 2005 10:32 AM UTC

Hi, Davis, Just wanted to know, is there any tentative date available when the feature,you have mentioned, will be on a release. Thanks, Atanu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 1, 2005 06:41 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, This feature has not been implemented yet. You can track the status of the feature request here: http://www.syncfusion.com/support/features/chart/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=392 I will also escalate the priority for the feature request. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder September 8, 2005 07:03 AM UTC

Hi, Davis, I am still looking the tentative date for the feature to be on a release. I have been keeping an eye on the feature request page, but still thats in open state saying "We will start working on it soon". Actually, I need to upgrade to the latest version, but I am keeping it pending as I thought my upgrade would take that feature also included. Because upgraddation takes a lot of effort, so I dont want to do it twice just for that feature, So If I know a tentative date it will be little easy for me to plan my upgrade, whether or not to include the feature. Hope you understand my problem... Thanks, Atanu

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 9, 2005 07:18 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, Sorry about the delay in responding. I will try to get you a patch version with the ability to space the Y axis within the next 10 days. Please let me know if that is an acceptable timeframe. We have made some major changes to Essential Chart after the 3.0 release internally. Thought these changes do not affect the stability of the control (as they ae not related to the actual rendering of the plots), it would require some minor changes in usage etc. In order to make available a patch for you, we would have to skip these major changes and just put in the changes needed for spacing the Y axis. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder September 12, 2005 06:31 AM UTC

Hi, Davis, Thanks for the reply. Would look forward to the patch. Thanks, Atanu

AP Atanu Podder September 19, 2005 06:24 AM UTC

Is patch out yet???

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 09:19 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, Sorry for the delay in responding. I figured out a way to change the space between the Title and the Y axis by adding a dummy axis and setting its position. Sample showing this method is linked to below: ChartYAxisTitleSpace_7181.zip Code: private ChartAxis secYAxis = new ChartAxis(); int moveSpace = 100; /// /// Sets properties to customize the ChartControl's appearance /// protected void InitializeChartAppearance() { // We don't use indexed mode with multiple axes. this.chartControl1.Indexed = false; this.chartControl1.LegendPosition = ChartDock.Top; // Use the second Y axis this.chartControl1.Axes.Add(this.secYAxis); this.secYAxis.DrawGrid = false; this.secYAxis.Orientation = Orientation.Vertical; this.secYAxis.LineType.ForeColor = this.chartControl1.ChartArea.BackColor; this.secYAxis.Range.Interval = this.secYAxis.Range.Delta; this.secYAxis.SmallTickSize = new Size(0,0); this.secYAxis.TickSize = new Size(0,0); this.secYAxis.Title = "Y Axis Title"; this.secYAxis.ValueType = ChartValueType.Custom; if(moveSpace > 60) this.chartControl1.ChartAreaMargins.Left = moveSpace - 60 + 20; } private void chartControl1_LayoutCompleted(object sender, EventArgs e) { this.secYAxis.Location = new Point((int)this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Location.X - moveSpace, (int)this.chartControl1.PrimaryYAxis.Location.Y); } Thanks, Davis

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team September 22, 2005 09:25 PM UTC

Hi Atanu, Please ignore the code referring to ChartDock in the above sample. You can change it to ChartLegendPosition. Thanks, Davis

AP Atanu Podder September 26, 2005 12:11 PM UTC

>Hi Atanu, > >Please ignore the code referring to ChartDock in the above sample. You can change it to ChartLegendPosition. > >Thanks, > >Davis Hi, Davis, I think the work around should do for now, but curious is the patch out yet, as I feel the work around would just make the code little more complex and dufficult to understand. Thanks, Atanu

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon