We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Category View with GridGroupingControl

Hi together, I have gridgroupingcontrol. Now I want a kind of categorized view. Explanation: When the grid starts up - I want to see e.g. 4 categories (which are empty at startup - no rows). Now I want to enter new rows for each category (like click on the category bar to open the category and click on the asterisk to enter the row for the category). How can this be done? Kind regards Franz

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 05:55 PM UTC

Try this. Create a DataSet. Create 4 DataTables, one for each of your categories, and add them to the DataSet. Then set the grid.DataSource to be the DataSet.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 07:58 PM UTC

Thanks Clay works great!

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 08:09 PM UTC

But one question :-) Now I have a category for every table, but how can I then get a grouping bar for each of the table? Now they are actual just plain?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 08:12 PM UTC

It''s me again - I think for better understanding, I want for each table the possibility to collapse or expand the content (like with a group bar) in the gridcontrol.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 10:09 PM UTC

I do not understand what you need. Here is a little sample with some particular propeties set and others commented out. Try various setting for these properties to see if one of them gives you the look you want. If you cannot get things the way you want, if you will explain what you want different from the original sample, maybe we can suggest something. http://www.syncfusion.com/Support/user/uploads/GGC_4tables_c940d10d.zip

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon