We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Symbols and Controls Bug

In V3.3 I think there is a bug. If I have a symbol (built in the Symbol Designer) that has nothing in it but a Control (like a textbox). I can add the pallet to a diagram, Drag the textbox symbol onto a diagram and it looks fine. However, when I activate it, it activates but not in place. It seems to activate at 0,0 (top left of the diagram) and its size is like nothing (very hard to see it there). I assume it should activate where I had placed it with the same sizing???

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2005 02:55 PM UTC

Hi PM, Are you by any chance using different MeasurementUnits for the ControlNode SymbolModel in the SymbolDesigner and the application''s diagram model? The reason I ask is that I am not able to reproduce this condition using a straight forward approach of creating a ControlNode with a TextBox in the SymbolDesigner and using it in a diagram sample. The symbol with the ControlNode gets created, positioned and sized in the diagram without any problems. Are there any special steps required to view the condition? Thanks, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

PM Peter Morrone August 15, 2005 06:00 PM UTC

Yes, the units are different. It was designed in the default symbol designer units. However, my document in my app is in points. Should this matter?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 16, 2005 03:54 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for that tip regarding the measurement units. It was this difference in measurement units between the SymbolModel and the diagram Model that was causing the ControlNode to be incorrectly positioned. The measurement units should not matter, and this is a bug in the ControlNode implementation. We have corrected the situation, and the next update of Essential Diagram will ship with the revised code. We have already frozen the code for the 3.3.0.0 version, and will not be able to include the fix for that release. However, we plan to provide a minor update of Essential Diagram within a 2-3 week period after the final release of Essential Studio v 3.3.0.0, and the fix will be a part of that update. Thank you for having brought the issue to our attention. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

PM Peter Morrone August 16, 2005 06:12 PM UTC

I dont know if this is related but If I have a symbol with a label in it. THen I create a instance of it via drag and drop off the palette. If I click on the text and change the label, it is fine. but if I zoom out a bit, then edit the label, the label no longer displays correctly.

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 07:30 PM UTC

Hi, Thanks for pointing this issue out. I was able to view the condition and have logged a high priority QA report. We will do our best to fix the problem as soon as possible, and roll it into a future update of the product. Regards, Prakash Surendra Syncfusion Inc.,

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon