We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Alternative Events

Please provide me the alternative events of GridDataBoundGrid for the following Windows Grid events 1)CellValueChanged 2)RowIndexChanged 3)ColumnIndexChanged 3)OnSelectedIndexChanged Thanks

3 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2005 02:45 PM UTC

I will take a guess at what you mean by these events but I may be entirely off the mark as I do not know where these events are defined and what actions they are trying to catch. There is a grid.CurrentCellChanged event that is raised on every change (meaning every keystroke for example) to a cell. There is a grid.CurrentCellAcceptedChanges that is raised after the changes to a cell have been saved. There is a grid.CurrentCellValidating event that is a cancelable event that you can catch as your user leaves a cell so you can validate his entry. You can use the grid.CurrentCellMoving/Moved events to catch the moving of teh current cell. You can use grid.CurrentCell.MoveToRow/MoveFromRow etc in you event handler to see where you were and where you are going. I am not sure what you mean by selected here. If you mean the row the contains the current cell, then CurrentCellMoving/Moved can be use. If you mean selecting a range of cells by dragging selecting them (or clicking a header), then you can use th egrid.Model.SelectionChanging/Changed to catch this behavior.

VI Vinay August 11, 2005 04:14 PM UTC

Hello, I am using a GridDataBoungGrid. I need the following Events. 1) when I click a row header I need to catch this event & do some coding based on the row selected. Other events I can refer your mail Thanks > >Please provide me the alternative events of GridDataBoundGrid >for the following Windows Grid events > >1)CellValueChanged > >2)RowIndexChanged > >3)ColumnIndexChanged > >3)OnSelectedIndexChanged > >Thanks > > >

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2005 04:40 PM UTC

You can handle the CellClick event. private void grid_CellClick(object sender, GridCellClickEventArgs e) { if(e.ColIndex == 0) Console.WriteLine("Clicked header {0}", e.RowIndex); }

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon