We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Resloving issues in the forum vs. through Direct-Trac support

Why is SyncFusion encouraging developers to resolve incidents through Direct-Trac rather than through the forums? On the web page where you post a message, SyncFusion's policy states, "Please do not post queries on specific usage issues in this forum. Use our Direct-Trac support system instead." Direct-Trac is a great place where developers can see a list of all bugs and feature requests SyncFusion is working on. However, Direct-Trac does not seem to be the appropriate place where incidents should be started (unless a developer wants his/her dialog to remain confidential). The forums should be the place where all issues/questions/etc should be started AND resolved(unless the resolution is moved to the Issue Tracker section)because that is the place where such issues can be brought to the attention of ALL developers. I recently asked through Direct-Trac why themes don't work for right-aligned tabs. The response was that the Windows API does not currently support this option. I was fine with the response but began to wonder if other developers would like to know the answer to this issue. No one would know about this issue regarding righ-aligned tabs unless this conversation was started in the forum rather than through Direct-Trac. I can't complain about the help I have received from SyncFusion (response time has been great), but I wonder how many issues/questions I have asked have already been resolved by SyncFusion through Direct-Trac. Then again, maybe I am just confused about SyncFusion's forum policy. I think I speak for at least a few of us out there. Charles

1 Reply

DJ Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion Team March 13, 2003 09:10 PM UTC

Hi Charles, Thank you for your feedback. The main reason that we steer users towards Direct-Trac is that it makes it much easier to maintain a usage/support record on a user by user basis. It greatly helps our support engineers (and users) when they have complete support interaction on record. What is missing from the Direct-Trac interaction is that most resolved issues do not make it into our knowledgebase. The reason quite simply is that our KB interface is quite limited and does not have support for versioned questions etc. We are working to correct this. Our next generation website will have version specific KB capability among other things. When this becomes available issues resolved through Direct-Trac will become a part of the KB always. We should have the new KB site up in about 6 weeks time. Best regards, Daniel Jebaraj Syncfusion, Inc

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon