We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Rotate text at top of column

Hello, Is there a way to rotate the text at the top of a column in a column chart? The numbers I have are too big and it would look better if they were rotated 90 degrees. Also, I''ve got LabelIntersectAction on the X Axis set to Wrap. Is it possible to center this text rather than have it left aligned? Thanks! Nick

6 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 11, 2005 02:48 PM UTC

Hi Nick, Please see the sample attached to below for changing the orientation of the point labels and the alignment of the axis labels: F32975_ChartColumnLabelRotate_8140.zip Code: Axis Label Alignment this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LabelIntersectAction=ChartLabelIntersectAction.Wrap ; this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LabelAligment=StringAlignment.Center; Point Label Orientation protected void ChartControlSeries_PrepareStyle(object sender, ChartPrepareStyleInfoEventArgs args) { args.Style.Font.Orientation=90; } Thanks, Davis

NH Nick Howard August 11, 2005 03:20 PM UTC

Hi Davis, Thanks a lot. What version are you running? I don''t have a definition for this.chartControl1.PrimaryXAxis.LabelAlignment. Thanks, Nick

NH Nick Howard August 11, 2005 04:11 PM UTC

Hi Davis, One more thing. When I rotate the text I would like it to be in the center of the column. I''ve attached a sample. It looks like it rotates from the left most point of the text instead of the center of the column. Thanks, Nick FormMain_1577.zip

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 15, 2005 10:25 PM UTC

Hi Nick, I tested with the latest version and it appears that the label is aligned in the middle if there is only one series: The alignment is incorrect when there are more than 1 series in the chart: I will submit a bug report for this issue to be addressed with high priority. You can download the latest version 3.3.0.0 from: ftp://syncpatch.syncfusion.com/essentialstudio/v3.3.0.0/syncfusionessentialstudiosetup.exe Thanks, Davis

NH Nick Howard August 16, 2005 02:09 PM UTC

Thanks a lot Davis. Is there a list of what was changed? Thanks, Nick

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 17, 2005 03:41 PM UTC

Hi Nick, I have uploaded the release notes XML file to the loaction linked to below: Chart Release Notes XML Thanks, Davis

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon