We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

Minor issue regarding DockingManager control

In design time, when the window container for a docked control is resized, a system beep is played/sounded but no popup error messages are displayed. (The beep is the same sound as the standard windows sound that is played when a user tries to click outside of a modal dialog box.) The beep occurs every third time you resize the docked window container with your mouse. Although this issue does not seem to have any effect on my application in design time or at run time, I don't know for sure. What is causing the beep? Thanks Charles

4 Replies

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 13, 2003 06:35 PM UTC

Charles, We haven't come across this issue and we couldn't reproduce this in our samples either. Could this be because of some other control that is being docked? Please give more info. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

CW Charles Wolfersberger March 13, 2003 07:47 PM UTC

Attached is a small sample. The sample is simply to panels docked to the left and bottom edges of a form. (I didn't need to write any code.) In design mode, when you resize the panels using your mouse you will hear the beep I mentioned earlier every third time you grip the docked window edge to resize. Charles

RP Ramesh Praveen Syncfusion Team March 14, 2003 05:51 PM UTC

Charles, It's wierd I couldn't see this happen. I tested this in win2k/1.0 framework. I tried resizing it several times without hearing the beep. Let me know what your config is. Regards, Praveen Ramesh

CW Charles Wolfersberger March 14, 2003 06:48 PM UTC

The following is some information on the system on which I am writing and running my application: -Windows XP Professional (SP 1, build 2600) -.Net Framework (version 1.0.3705) -Application written in VB.Net -Essential Tool Suite (version 1.5.2.0) -Intel 1.8 mhz processor -512 mb RAM Charles

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon