We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date
close icon

Reg: Grid DataBound Control

Hi, For a Grid databound control, I am just setting datasource property to a data table. I want to now hide two columns from the grid. I know the column name. I want to do this during runtime. How do I do that? Note: I have not set any other properties of Grid databound control. Regards, Anna

5 Replies

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 07:48 AM UTC

One way you can hide a column in a GridDataBoundGrid is to set grid.Model.ColWidths[colIndex] = 0;

AS Anna Srinivasan August 10, 2005 08:39 AM UTC

Hi, I have written the following code: gridDataBoundImport.DataSource = dataTable; gridDataBoundImport.Model.ColWidths[6] = 0; But still the Grid is not hiding colindex=6. Do I need to do anything else? Regards, Anna >One way you can hide a column in a GridDataBoundGrid is to set grid.Model.ColWidths[colIndex] = 0;

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 08:43 AM UTC

If you are doing this is form.load, you also have to set grid.AllowResizeToFit = true; http://www.syncfusion.com/support/kb/grid/Default.aspx?ToDo=view&questId=92

AS Anna Srinivasan August 10, 2005 09:22 AM UTC

I have set the property to true. Sometimes it appears and sometimes it doesn''t. Do I need to set any other property? How can I make the grid databound not editable?

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 10, 2005 09:39 AM UTC

To turn off editing grid-wide, you can set: grid.EnableEdit = false; or grid.TableStyle.ReadOnly = true; For the column not being hidden problem, please post a sample project showing it, and explain how to see the problem in your sample.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon