We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

No subject

I have this small problem that I can't seem to figure out. I have a login form and when the user clicks on the login button, the main menu form will appear but the login form is still behind the main menu form. How do i close the login form once the user clicks on the login button. in vb6, i would do: Unload frmLogin but it won't work in vb.net. if i do frmLogin.Dispose or frmLogin.Close, it won't close!! y?? But if i put the frmLogin.Close just right before I call frmMain.show, my frmMain closes!!

1 Reply

CB Clay Burch Syncfusion Team June 4, 2002 04:17 AM UTC

Here is something to try. Move your Login code from the Main sub where I suspect it is now, a handler for the Load event on your frmMain. Then if your login fells, just close the frmMain from within its Load handler. This way, the scope of your login form should be contained within the Load handler, and it should not stay on your desktop.

Loader.
Up arrow icon