We use cookies to give you the best experience on our website. If you continue to browse, then you agree to our privacy policy and cookie policy. Image for the cookie policy date

What grid event should be used to write to a database?

I am using a DataBoundDataGrid to (validate and) write to a SQL Server database. It works ok but there are 2 issues: (1) Specifically what event should I use to write to a database? When I use CurrentCellValidating I cannot always validate the current record because the user may click onto a different row. Is there some way to find out which row we just came from? Or is there some event which fires before we reach the new cell? (2) While using CurrentCellValidating--if I change a cell and then check the value I see the old value, not the new value. How can I see the new value? Thanks, Dan

1 Reply

AD Administrator Syncfusion Team August 8, 2005 10:36 PM UTC

By default, the grid saves the changes to a row back to the datasource when you leave the row. So, if your datasource is a datatable, the datarow will not actually change until the user leaves the row. If you want to write the changes back to your database from the datatable at that point, you should use the RowSaved event. At that point, the grid has saved the row back to teh Datatable, and you could then move the datatable back to your database. In CurrentCellValidating, you can get the proposed new value using grid.CurrentCell.Renderer.ControlText.

Loader.
Live Chat Icon For mobile
Up arrow icon